Joined Skeeter! WX2000T

• kroger3
    blaine mn

Well after purchasing a 2012 Alumacraft Competitor 175 tiller this spring and being less then impressed with the boat I decided to do some looking around and found a 2009 Skeeter WX2000T. Test run went great and everything is a go. Should be in the garage in the next couple days. Here is a few pics. 115 Yamaha and T8 kicker. Will be moving my Terrova 80, Vantage 80, and Humminbird graphs over and should be ready to be back at it!

diesel
    Menomonee Falls, WI

Nice Rig!

matt-p
    White Bear Lake, MN

let me know if you need someone to catch a fish and break it in for ya

David Grosulak
    Pool 2

I was actually looking at purchasing a Competitor. What didn’t you like about it?

a.j.-wiesner
    Ely,MN / Rochester,MN

Nice looking rig buddy! I hope it can withstand the wave busting action we will be putting it thru this november on the pond and vermilion…

Hope this NEW boat finally makes you happy or you will be spending another 10k haha

loshinit420

Maybe it’s the picture but it sure looks crammed in there especially with all 3 seats in, even the motors look too close together…dont get me wrong I’d fish the hell out of it, just my observation.

bzzsaw
    Hudson, Wi

Congrats. That is a sweet rig.

Michael C. Winther
    Reedsburg, WI

you’ll be very happy with the switch. the comparison to a tin ride isn’t even fair.

welcome to the club!

Quote:

I hope it can withstand the wave busting action we will be putting it thru this november on the pond and vermilion…

i’ve had mine in some pretty wild stuff on Leech and Lake of the Woods. drive smart and it will get you there and back again safe and sound. it fishes very stable as well, which is great if you’re a caster.
    the boat rides like a dream, and it’s a very dry ride, but it’s still a tiller so there’s always the spray factor in the drivers face at the back of the boat…you might want to consider a face-mask if you’re fishing late season when the wind and water are cold.

Quote:

Maybe it’s the picture but it sure looks crammed in there especially with all 3 seats in, even the motors look too close together…dont get me wrong I’d fish the hell out of it, just my observation.

it’s the pictures. this boat has a 99″ beam, which is quite a bit wider than competitor’s tiller models. the cockpit is crazy big and there’s still enough room for a huge front deck and wide side-tanks. that little bit of extra width on the side tanks compared to other boats sure helps if you’re standing and casting all day.
    i’ve got a kicker motor on mine as well. the sponsons in the back give the appearance of crowding, but there’s ample room to operate both motors without bumping.

have fun!!!

kroger3
    blaine mn

Yes the pictures do not show it very well. The competitor I have is actually a 96″ beam and with the narrow gunnels it actually has more room and floor space width wise. Always been a tiller guy so I know there is no such thing as a dry ride but this one should hopefully be dryer then most! Have owned glass and tin before, granted my last glass tiller was not this big.

Should be a blast bouncing pounder dawgs off the ice this November!

swlund
    Cuba City, WI

Welcome to the Skeeter family. You will enjoy the glass ride. Looks good. Nice colors.

j-eye
    La Crosse, WI

Sweet ride! After having a number of other boats nothing compares! I know I love mine!

n_eddy
    Twin Cities

At least you got the motor right Richie.

kroger3
    blaine mn

Yamaha all the way! Like them so much I got 3 of them in the garage right now!

Eric Rehberg
    Eau Claire, WI

Good to finally meet you Kroger!!

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.