MX 1825 Question

• cannoncocker
    Eastern Tennessee

Hello from east Tennessee…

Seriously considering the purchase of a MX 1825. Closest stocking dealer is over 150 miles away so I have been relying on this forum for information. My question concerns how much space is available to mount a graph on the top of console, just to the right of the steering wheel. Is there room for a 10 inch graph or would an 8 inch unit be more reasonable? I could install a dedicated GPS unit in addition to the sonar so as to free up screen space on a 8 inch unit.

Thanks.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

Hello from east Tennessee…

Seriously considering the purchase of a MX 1825. Closest stocking dealer is over 150 miles away so I have been relying on this forum for information. My question concerns how much space is available to mount a graph on the top of console, just to the right of the steering wheel. Is there room for a 10 inch graph or would an 8 inch unit be more reasonable? I could install a dedicated GPS unit in addition to the sonar so as to free up screen space on a 8 inch unit.

Thanks.

The MX 1825 dash was designed with 10″ graphs in mind. In fact the original design specs clearly outline “space for a 10″ graph was mandatory.” You won’t have any issue mounting the larger units with clearance between the gauge cluster and windshield to spare.

cannoncocker
    Eastern Tennessee

Thanks, just the information I was looking for!

muskiegreg

I have the bubble windshields and the Lowrance HDS-8 fits perfectly. I’m thinking the HDS-10 would be a difficult fit unless you pull the unit forward using a RAM mounting unit.

Jami Ritter
    Hastings, MN

Yes you can

Here is a picture of my current setup

Ram mount on the 10 and a stabil mount on the 8

Jami

cannoncocker
    Eastern Tennessee

Thanks for the photo, Jami. I will be ordering the single console version 1825 with the wrap-around windscreen. Do you think the wrap-around windscreen would impede an installation like yours? Also, do you recall the model of the Ram you used?

Thanks.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.