Ride N Drive on Pool 4 Sunday May 15, 2011

• James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Come See & Drive the NEW Skeeter 1825 MX

Sunday, May 15th

MX1825 Presentation and Ride/Drive

Mr-sippi Yacht Brokerage Bar (across from WI Channel Public Access)

N1415 830th St

Hager City, WI 54014

(715) 792-2992

Go north on U.S. 63 out of Red Wing into WI. You will see Mr-sippi on left just after you cross over the WI Channel of the Mississippi River

GPS Coordinates:

Latitude: 44.5898 Longitude: -92.5438

You’re invited to see the all new MX1825. At 2pm Sunday afternoon, Dean Marshall and James Holst of In-Depth Outdoors will do a product presentation of all the features and benefits on the MX1825. The MX1825 will be out of the water on display from 1-3pm. You are invited to climb around in boat and explore all of the compartments. At 3pm we will launch the boat and do Ride and Drives until everyone has had a ride or dark, whichever happens first. We will also have a WX2100 with F300 SHO available for test drives. Hope to see you there!

1825 MX Press Release

phigs
    Twin Cities, MN

Sweet! Maybe ill lock down and take a look.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

Sweet! Maybe ill lock down and take a look.

Everyone’s welcome to attend, serious buyers and window shoppers alike.

sauger
    Hastings ,MN

Really??? Opening weekend??? come on!! I can’t wait to dig around in this thing When is she coming back to the river?

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

Really??? Opening weekend??? come on!! I can’t wait to dig around in this thing When is she coming back to the river?

I hear ya’ on the timing and I assure you we didn’t pick this weekend as a first choice. This is the ONLY weekend when we’ll have the first demo boat so it is now or never. Or at least until Skeeter Boat Center’s first order of 1825’s arrives in June.

sauger
    Hastings ,MN

Fine then…..stomping my feet.. Post some video of her so I can see it when I get back

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

Fine then…..stomping my feet.. Post some video of her so I can see it when I get back

Absolutely will do.

Good luck on Mille Lacs.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Note to all interested in attending…

I’ve received several inquiries about scheduling an “appointment” to drive the MX. I talked it through with Dave and we’re not going to take advance appointments but we will have a sign up sheet at this event. First come, first served. Once you get to the event make sure you track down the sign up sheet and get your name on the list.

Also know that Dave, Dean, Greg and I are committed to staying as long as it takes to make sure that everyone that attends gets a chance to pick through the boat and take it for a drive. I don’t expect a huge crowd given that we’ll be competing with fishing opener. But if we end up with a good turnout, the sign up sheet is how we’ll deal with the traffic and keep everything fair and organized.

We’re all looking forward to seeing everyone there.

redneckjr
    Rosemount, MN

I wish I were in the states for this!!! I would love to see that 300hp SHO in action, from what I hear its a beast!!

Jami Ritter
    Hastings, MN

Quote:

Will do…

dmarkq01
    Eau Claire, WI

Looks like its going to be a nice day down on Pool 4. Hope to see you at the MX1825 Ride and Drive at Mr-Sippi! Greg Rudisill will have his WX2100 with the SHO available for test drives, too!!

mule170
    Bemidji

The wife and I just got back from test driving the MX1825. If I had one word do describe the boat it would be AWESOME! It drives and corners like its on rails. We were doing full speed s turns and it never blew out or slipped!!! With 3 people and a full tank of gas I saw speeds in the 52mph range. When I order mine this spring I will be getting the 200hp outboard. I think with the 200hp outboard and the right prop it will see the 60mph range. The hole shot is incredible. The storage for trolling rods is a awesome addition on this boat. Just think no more putting trolling rods together and no more tangled lines. I could go on all night about this new boat, but the easiest way to learn is drive it for yourself. Thanks to Dave for all the work he and others have done to bring this boat to reality!! Now I just have to figure out what colors I want

Wade Boardman
    Grand Rapids, MN

Quote:

Now I just have to figure out what colors I want

Good luck with that.

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

My friend Brian B. attended Fridays ride and drive. He reported back with nothing but good about this boat. Got to spend some time in the boat with Brian on Saturday and he is pretty pumped and noted the excellent service he got from the SBC. After speaking with him I am really looking forward to getting a chance to pick through this boat. Brian ended up getting the 5th boat made which means he was the 1st to buy one, Congratulations Brian , it would have been boat #1 if the first 4 models weren’t dedicated to dealers.

Jami Ritter
    Hastings, MN

Quote:

The wife and I just got back from test driving the MX1825. If I had one word do describe the boat it would be AWESOME! It drives and corners like its on rails. We were doing full speed s turns and it never blew out or slipped!!! With 3 people and a full tank of gas I saw speeds in the 52mph range. When I order mine this spring I will be getting the 200hp outboard. I think with the 200hp outboard and the right prop it will see the 60mph range. The hole shot is incredible. The storage for trolling rods is a awesome addition on this boat. Just think no more putting trolling rods together and no more tangled lines. I could go on all night about this new boat, but the easiest way to learn is drive it for yourself. Thanks to Dave for all the work he and others have done to bring this boat to reality!! Now I just have to figure out what colors I want

My thoughts exactly, but I know what colors I want! Now I just have to wait till she gets here…..

Dean and I jumped in the MX and were headed down to the head of the lake, not knowing the boat I was going to take the easy route and run down the back channel to get the feel for the boat, how it cornered, handled, throttle response and so on. We idle away from the dock, pin the 150 Yamaha and bam, boats up on plane. Well that was quick! Boat was full of gas, both livewells full (and that back livewell is big, almost bath tub big) and she hops right up on plane. Dean hits me on the shoulder and says, “Take the race track”!

Um… Ok, no problem…. In my previous boat (Lund 1800 Pro V 150 Evinrude 2 strk) I would come into the corners hot, back off to half throttle, trim down; make the corner, back to full throttle trimming up. I had to do this in order to make the corners so the boat wouldn’t slide out and to keep the prop from blowing out and have control through the twisty corners and continue that sequence until I was back into the straights. Not so much in the MX…Up comes the first corner, I start to back off the throttle and start trimming down, its habit, I don’t even think about doing this, its engrained into my brain, Dean taps me on the shoulder, “just pin it”!

Ok, trial by fire I guess. I drop the hammer back down and head into the corner hot, and it HELD!! Boat corners like its on rails! No boat slip no prop grabbing air, she just kept eating. The grin on my face was getting wider and wider, I kept thinking to myself, just wait, and the big S turn is coming up, this corner will determine if it truly does handle on rails or if the first corner was a fluke. Full throttle, trimmed up we attack the corner, the boat eats the s turns up and we continue on our journey. Now the grin is getting pretty big. I’m pretty sure I giggled a little. I then take a quick look down at the gps. 54 mph down river! Grin is getting bigger, more giggling, I turn back to look at the motor, yup still the 150 4 stroke. My mind is having a hard time comprehending the speed we are getting out of the 150. Down to the lake to see how she handles some nice “walleye” chop.

The lake had some real nice chop on the water, perfect. I wanted to see how the MX handle the waves running into them, with them, and most importantly, running cross ways on them in the trough. Running with and against them, no problem, adjust the trim and go. Now let’s see how wet I can get Dean! Not a drop, after running in the trough, making multiple adjustments on the trim to find the limits of the boat, taking boat wakes cross ways that would have made my passengers in the Lund soaked, neither of us had a drop of water on us. Two thumbs up for the MX, but my payback to Dean, well that will have to wait a little bit…

Back into the back channel we went. We stopped the boat, both hopped up on the back platform to check stability of the boat. Emptied the livewell, both of us stood on one side of the boat like we would be if we were trying to land a fish, very little to no lean. Checked out the storage some more, pushed all the buttons on the dash. It was getting time to get back to the dock, up on plane she went, and 51 up river wot. I turned back and looked again, yup, still the 150… My mind was having a hard time with that. My 150 on the Lund never never saw these kinds of numbers, and this is a 4 stroke! The MX and the Pro V are the same lengths 18’4. How in the world is this thing kicking out this type of handling and speed???

On the way back up I tried again to get the boat to slip and blow the prop out, multiple tight s turns wot, full trim, and that motor just kept digging. Ok, now I’m impressed and the grin has turned to a full blown smile. This was way too much fun!

Things I’m still thinking about a day later…..

Handling/performance – I can’t believe how well that boat handles, and I’m anxious to see what that boat will do with a 200 HPDI….

Rod Holster – No more breaking down long trolling rods

Livewell – tapered design to get all the water out and that thing is the size of a bathtub! 2 doors, if you just want bait, you open the bait door, no need to open the entire livewell.

In floor battery storage – very nice, easy access to batteries no more skinned knuckles, bilge and livewell pumps and battery charger

Rear back deck – a pitcher/casters dream, small step up and a ton of room

Storage – this was a main concern of mine. I brought along a bunch of Plano boxes and started to get a game plan of what would fit where. I wasn’t disappointed. Plenty of room for gear.

I could go on and on on about how much this boat impressed me. And how I’m anxiously awaiting one to come in with my name on it….

A big “Thank You” to Skeeter Boat Center (Dave Markquart), James Holst, Greg Rudisill and Dean for putting this ride and drive together, I had a blast!

Jami

AllenW
    Mpls, MN

“”””
    Um… Ok, no problem…. In my previous boat (Lund 1800 Pro V 150 Evinrude 2 strk) I would come into the corners hot, back off to half throttle, trim down; make the corner, back to full throttle trimming up. I had to do this in order to make the corners so the boat wouldn’t slide out and to keep the prop from blowing out and have control through the twisty corners and continue that sequence until I was back into the straights. Not so much in the MX…Up comes the first corner, I start to back off the throttle and start trimming down, its habit, I don’t even think about doing this, its engrained into my brain, Dean taps me on the shoulder, “just pin it”!
    “””

Jami, just curious, did you compare motor height from your Lund to the MX, been my exprience blowing out can be a sign of motor height.

Sounds like you had fun though..:)

Al

dmarkq01
    Eau Claire, WI

Hey Jami –
    Thanks for coming down to drive the new MX1825 yesterday. I’ll really glad that it met your expectations once you saw it in person. I think other fishermen are going to like it, too!

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

I then take a quick look down at the gps. 54 mph down river! Grin is getting bigger, more giggling, I turn back to look at the motor, yup still the 150 4 stroke. My mind is having a hard time comprehending the speed we are getting out of the 150.

I hear ya’ regarding the performance of the this boat. If you compare the speed, handling and hole shot to other hulls running 150 HP motors, it doesn’t seem possible. But over and over again…. the GPS and the seat of the pants feed back tells the story. The engineers at Skeeter hit a Jim Thome off the flag pole home run with this one!

docfrigo
    Wisconsin

After reading Jami’s post, all I can say is ‘wow’! 51 mph upriver? With a 150 4 stroke? That is perfect! Much as I love the 200HPDI (will be interesting to see it run with that!), going back to a 4 stroke, no oil, less maintenance and ROCK SOLID motor–well, that is impressive.
    Did it have a front trolling motor and batteries in the boat? That and kicker would be more weight, but even 51-52 downstream would be great with that stuff on. I remember when Dave asked me what I wanted for speed out of a rig (think he asked many, many people), and what I told him was an all the time 40mph boat at 3/4 throttle—-that way, not burning up tons of fuel and still making time on a comfortable run,,,,,looks like he did it! Hats off guys!
    Can’t wait to jump into Dean’s once he gets one.
    Jami, is it ordered already?????

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

After reading Jami’s post, all I can say is ‘wow’! 51 mph upriver? With a 150 4 stroke? That is perfect! Much as I love the 200HPDI (will be interesting to see it run with that!), going back to a 4 stroke, no oil, less maintenance and ROCK SOLID motor–well, that is impressive.

Did it have a front trolling motor and batteries in the boat? That and kicker would be more weight, but even 51-52 downstream would be great with that stuff on. I remember when Dave asked me what I wanted for speed out of a rig (think he asked many, many people), and what I told him was an all the time 40mph boat at 3/4 throttle—-that way, not burning up tons of fuel and still making time on a comfortable run,,,,,looks like he did it! Hats off guys!

Can’t wait to jump into Dean’s once he gets one.

Jami, is it ordered already?????

Doc

This boat had a 80# Terrova and three batteries onboard for the Ride N Drive and a full tank of fuel (35 gallons) when Jami did his drive. And most everyone chose to drive it with the 50″ livewell FULL. The speed this hull is able to produce, without compromising ride quality, is worth seeing for yourself.

Dustin did a test with a “full boat” to simulate a guide trip. He had 4 in the boat and I think he kept the livewell full but he can clarify that for us if he responds. I didn’t catch his speeds or thoughts on the hole shot when running this type of load but if he reads this hopefully he’ll share those stats with us and his thoughts on the boat overall.

docfrigo
    Wisconsin

I planned on being there, but was still busy chasing the non-existent turkey. Glad that is over.

full tank of fuel, 3 batteries, livewell full of water-trolling motor mounted on—heck, with my T-8(which someone can have once I die)being approx. 90lbs and me weighing only a buck-50, I fish with guys that weigh more than me and my kicker! Heck with myself, I might hit 54-55.
    I am a firm believer on always maxing out the HP, but with the speeds-performance this boat is getting, wouldn’t the 150 be more than enough?
    To send up the “first impression boat” with a motor 50hp under the max—-now, that’s balls the size of Houston!!

Let’s hear from Dusty!!!!!!!!!! He’s as “real world” as your gonna get in the walleye universe.

mule170
    Bemidji

I really hope Dave has an Mx1825 with the 200 Hpdi at the ride and drive later this summer!!

Jami Ritter
    Hastings, MN

Allen, no i didn’t measure. The lund is living happily with her new owner.

Yes Doc, the order slip has been filled out… Patiently waiting After driving that boat with the 150 leaving the impression that it did, i pondered just going with that motor. But the little kid in me or the devil on my shoulder is saying if its this much fun with a 150, the 200 is going to blow your mind…. And until the new SHO is available in the lower hp size motors, being the 2 stroke fan i am, well the 200 gets the nod. You know, for those “just in case” moments….

sauger
    Hastings ,MN

Quote:

I really hope Dave has an Mx1825 with the 200 Hpdi at the ride and drive later this summer!!

A 20 footer with a 300 is really gonna peak my interest

What are the chances of that happening in the near future??

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

Quote:

A 20 footer with a 300 is really gonna peak my interest

What are the chances of that happening in the near future??

Everything is pointing towards a 20′ MX being the next boat built in this line.

docfrigo
    Wisconsin

think next couple months will really shake out whether to go with the 200 or the 150, I hear you Jami on the “never complain about extra HP”…that is the question, just how more will be gained? That 150 data is just too good to believe-will the 200 be much more gain? I know dusty’s boat with 175 HPDI did 53 with me in it, and Tom P’s same boat with 135 opti (147 horse), did upper 40,s and if he did not bring all his junk and left his box of bell sinkers at home would probably hit 50…Tom’s boat pops out of the hole fast and zips just fine. Will be really interested in how this all shakes out as the option of the 150 means no oil changes and absolutely BULLETPROOF–not that the HPDI isn’t(probably most time tested direct 2 stroke out there), but what will be the distinct advantage? Time will tell… The SHO 200HP shows promise, but think the price tag will maybe outweigh the bene’s..that is unless Dave can work his magic with pricing, seems he’s done all he can on this one and has excellent cooperation with Skeeter.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

Quote:

Will be really interested in how this all shakes out as the option of the 150 means no oil changes and absolutely BULLETPROOF–not that the HPDI isn’t…

You don’t even have to change the oil on a Yamaha now?

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

Quote:

Will be really interested in how this all shakes out as the option of the 150 means no oil changes and absolutely BULLETPROOF–not that the HPDI isn’t…

You don’t even have to change the oil on a Yamaha now?

I’m thinking he means the oil changes are so easy to do he’ll just do them himself in the garage. If not, remind me to never buy a used motor from Doc.

dustin_stewart
    Rochester, MN

Quote:

Dustin did a test with a “full boat” to simulate a guide trip. He had 4 in the boat and I think he kept the livewell full but he can clarify that for us if he responds. I didn’t catch his speeds or thoughts on the hole shot when running this type of load but if he reads this hopefully he’ll share those stats with us and his thoughts on the boat overall.

Sure did! All I can say is WOW . Those that had the opportunity to drive this boat know it tracks like a roller coaster, it just won’t do as well upside down , turning the corners on the other hand? Well, you’ll just have to experience it for yourselves.

My 18’2″ Deep V Crestliner has a better ride than any other tin boat I have ever been in and also tracks unbelievably well when 3-waying and trolling because of the deep v hull. The MX Hull will perform much better in both of these categories.

The ride is unbelievable in this glass boat compared to tin. I ventured down in to Lake Pepin in water that would have had me and my clients soaking wet at 20mph. I did this in the MX at 52mph gps and did not get wet. As we all know, no matter what kind of boat we drive, at some point and time you will get wet when the conditions are right. Just so happens on sunday the conditions were very favorable for me and a couple of guys to get soaking wet in my boat venturing down in to lake Pepin. However they were not favorable enough for me and 3 other to get wet in the MX hull at 52mph.

I am trying to ask my self why would I ever want to buy tin again when I can get twice the performance and ride out of a glass boat that will be very comparable to tin boat pricing. Pretty easy decision for me any way

As stated i did load this boat with 3 others just to see how it would perform from a guide perspective. Thumbs up from me with the 150 Yamaha four stroke. Hole shot was still very good, we hit 52.4mph down river and 50.1 mph going back up river. I was not aware of the live well being full of water. Never had time to stop and wet a line, would have been nice though just to see what an 8lb walleye looked like in a shiny new boat’s livewell .

Any body wants to make me an offer on Crestliner 182 tournamnet series boat with a 175 HPDI? I would list the color as well but heck, everyone knows what color it is anyway . My numbers listed below

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

think next couple months will really shake out whether to go with the 200 or the 150, I hear you Jami on the “never complain about extra HP”…that is the question, just how more will be gained? That 150 data is just too good to believe-will the 200 be much more gain? I know dusty’s boat with 175 HPDI did 53 with me in it, and Tom P’s same boat with 135 opti (147 horse), did upper 40,s and if he did not bring all his junk and left his box of bell sinkers at home would probably hit 50…Tom’s boat pops out of the hole fast and zips just fine. Will be really interested in how this all shakes out as the option of the 150 means no oil changes and absolutely BULLETPROOF–not that the HPDI isn’t(probably most time tested direct 2 stroke out there), but what will be the distinct advantage? Time will tell… The SHO 200HP shows promise, but think the price tag will maybe outweigh the bene’s..that is unless Dave can work his magic with pricing, seems he’s done all he can on this one and has excellent cooperation with Skeeter.

Doc,

I think the only way to make this decision will be to drive them both in the same day to really get a feel for what the 200 has to offer over the 150. I do know this, the 150 will be a very popular motor based on how well it is performing on this boat.

My guess is Skeeter Boat Center will have boats for Ride N Drives some time late June.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 50 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.