Skeeter Windshield

• John Douglas

Hey all I have 2017 wx2060 and the seal on the bottom passenger side windshield is coming out. Skeeter response is to the replace the windshield to a newer model for about 2 grand. Say they changed windshields the next year and the one I need is no longer available. So with no original windshield they claim they don’t have a seal which is all I need. Sounds like this is a fairly common problem on the skeeter boats if that vintage so has one found an after market seal for the passenger side lower windshield mount or had any success with automotive urethane?

Attachments:
    1. IMG_0600-scaled.jpeg

Joe Jarl
    SW Wright County

That looks an awful lot like a Taylormade windshield. Here is a link to their glazing vinyl. Does your windshield say Taylormade anywhere?

taylormade glazing vinyl

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I guess I would bring it to a glass shop that makes windshields and have them get you a new seal.

bigcrappie
    Blaine

Spray some soapy water on that and then press it back in between the glass and molding. That looks like a rubber seal that holds the glass in place.

John Douglas

Looks like it’s Veralex glass not Taylor made.

John Douglas

I pushed it back in and didn’t hold long. The seal appears to be U shaped so it’s one piece and forms a U around the bottom of the glass. The bottom of the U is worn through allowing the seal to push out when the windshield flexes.

gregory
    Red wing,mn

I would bring but a reputable glass shop that does automotive glass, they probably could clean it up and use some sika flex on it.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.