Skeeter rigging pics

• nailswi
    Waunakee, WI

I am starting the process of picking out a new boat, wx1910 and mx1825 are the front runners. If you guys wouldn’t mind posting some pics of how you have your Skeeters rigged, that would be helpful. This is open to all Skeeter boats, pics of; electronics, rod holders, accessories, kickers(tie bar steering or remote), interior lighting, trailers(eze steps) if anybody has a trailer tux, etc. Briefly explain why you rigged something a certain way or what you might do different. Thanks guys, look forward to seeing how everyone has their boats set up.

John B

SBC rigged my MX1825 this past spring for me and I am very pleased with my set up. I highly recommend a Traxstech track system, if you multi species fish it makes converting quick and easy. I also added a washdown pump/kit. Its rigged with a Terrova w I pilot link and 999 birds. They wired the back so when I troll I can also run my bow unit at the back deck as pictured. Also added a Trollmaster II for the kicker.

Attachments:
    1. traxs2.jpg

2. traxs1.jpg

Calvin Svihel
    Northwest Metro, MN

I had the pleasure to helping the above post John with purchasing/rigging his boat at Skeeter Boat Center. Basically we discussed what he wanted to accomplish with his rigging based on a key factor….Fishing style….troller, caster, jig, or rig fisherman. Each fisherman has different styles and really the reason why all of the boat rigging is truly custom to fit your style of fishing.

The boat he purchased also boiled down his style and species that he prefers to fish.

Technology is ever-changing in the marine business as well from trolling motors to electronics to winch post ladders. These advancements have made fishing more comfortable and enjoyable. In my mind the biggest advancement that just flat out makes sense is the trailer winch post ladder. This allows a person to load and unload the boat alone without risking falling into the water or needing a dock to assist. Well worth the $325

If you do have any questions regarding rigging feel free to reach out to any of us at Skeeter Boat Center in either location, Ramsey MN or Chippewa Falls WI

Attachments:
    1. winch-post-ladder.jpg

Tim J
    Duluth, MN

@skeeter29

can that winch ladder be added to any trailer? or is it welded to those skeeter trailers exclusively. I would add one to mine in a heartbeat for 325 as I often load and unload by myself.

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

Technology is ever-changing in the marine business as well from trolling motors to electronics to winch post ladders. These advancements have made fishing more comfortable and enjoyable. In my mind the biggest advancement that just flat out makes sense is the trailer winch post ladder. This allows a person to load and unload the boat alone without risking falling into the water or needing a dock to assist. Well worth the $325

If you do have any questions regarding rigging feel free to reach out to any of us at Skeeter Boat Center in either location, Ramsey MN or Chippewa Falls WI
    [/quote]

Cal I have thought about adding the front ladder but what is the height of it? I have an 1825 and lower the F150 to clear my garage door now.

Thanks

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Cal I have thought about adding the front ladder but what is the height of it? I have an 1825 and lower the F150 to clear my garage door now.

Thanks
    [/quote]

Thats just a grab handle. I’m sure it can be cut-off if it were to tall. It would be tough to chop a new piece of equipment off but if it’s just a couple inches it wouldn’t be to bad. Those steps with the ability to have the hand rail for balance is definately the way to go IMO.

nailswi
    Waunakee, WI

SBC rigged my MX1825 this past spring for me and I am very pleased with my set up. I highly recommend a Traxstech track system, if you multi species fish it makes converting quick and easy. I also added a washdown pump/kit. Its rigged with a Terrova w I pilot link and 999 birds. They wired the back so when I troll I can also run my bow unit at the back deck as pictured. Also added a Trollmaster II for the kicker.

Thanks John, that is exactly the kind of feedback I am looking for. I was looking to do the same thing you had done in regards to having a locator prewired in the back somewhere for easy viewing while trolling from the cockpit. Sure a pain in the butt turning to look at my locator on the console while watching boards instead of being able to glance down at one located aft. Thinking of going with rail mounted holders though as the boat will also be used as a family fun boat when not fishing. That will also give me unlimited places to hang bumpers when needed. If I decide to mount riggers, there should be enough room to mount short tracks aft of the cleats.

John B

Keep in mind the Traxstech system isnt just versatile for fishing. You can insert step pads into the tracks as well and you can also mount cleats to the bases so you can adjust where your bumpers hang or your tie ons would go.

I agree on the winch step/ladder I didnt get one on mine when I bought it new, but have one on order from Cal to pick up. I launch alone alot and it gets old (as am I) climbing in and out.

fisherman-j
    Northern MN

I have the Ram mount on the bow – similarly placed like in John’s photo. Works well – easy to adjust and easy to see with the butt seat – and is out of the way. I have Lowrances – one on the bow and one on the console – both Ram mounts. My boat had both Humminbird and Lowrance pucks pre-rigged. Have the structure scan barely sticking out from the transom.

I have a 9.9 kicker with remote steering. I previously had a tiller kicker in my Pro-V. Tillers are a little nicer if you’re trying to hold a spot, but remotes are great for longer runs. I believe SBC is going to a 17 pitch prop now. That’s what I have now.

I put the little stick on LED pucks on the rod holder, glove box and bow storage compartment doors. I’ve been happy with those.

Definitely get the steps on the trailer. If you have water sports in play, I would consider adding a better ladder than the e-ladder (which is fine, too).

I’m still looking for how guys are storing their rods on the bow while gunning spot to spot.

Calvin Svihel
    Northwest Metro, MN

@skeeter29

can that winch ladder be added to any trailer? or is it welded to those skeeter trailers exclusively. I would add one to mine in a heartbeat for 325 as I often load and unload by myself.

These winch post ladders are really designed for EZ loader trailers. They make 2 different styles depending on the distance from trailer to the actual winch. The curved ladder as shown in the picture above requires a minimum of 10″ between the top of the trailer and the bottom of the winch. For EZ loader trailers with less space there is a smaller trailer step made. However on the 2015 or 2016 boats you maybe looking at MX1825 or WX1910 the curved winch post ladder will fit.
    These are also not welded to the winch post, they are attached with U bolts and nuts.

James Wascko
    S.W Michigan for now.

John Hi,
    Thank you for posting these pictures. I am opting for the trolling rails but I like the short piece of track you have far aft. I could move that up some to mount the Gen2 when desired and still keep the rails.
    Thanks
    James W

James Wascko
    S.W Michigan for now.

Calvin Hi,
    I know pictures are deceiving some times so I will ask.
    The top step in the picture looks close to the boat. If the spare tire was not there and the boat caught some wind or fools wake – could the bow smack the step ?

Some public ramps I have learned to not ever leave the spare tire in sight…..rofl had some kid let out the air in both trailer tires and the spare and at 4 am – well things get interesting so I do not leave spares on trailer any more.
    Thaks
    James W

Calvin Svihel
    Northwest Metro, MN

@James Wascko

I think with the angle of the ramp that you would hit the trailer frame before you hit the winch post ladder. I also don’t think you would really have enough speed to “miss” the trailer that bad, honestly. Unless you have some serious wave action to deal with.
    The EZ Loader trailers really do a great job of self centering the boat before the final power load to the bow roller.

Bummer to hear about the ramps etiquette you deal with!

James Wascko
    S.W Michigan for now.

@CalvinSvihel,
    Thanhk you Calvin for the reply. That saounds good. I have only had a side ways episode a couple of times. Strong wind hits my port side just as a couple of fools go blasdting through the no wake zone at the ramp. Caught me off gaurd and sent the bow off to the starboard side and did some catching of the frame.

Of course it was a lighter aluminum boat and cheap trailor but still………Don’t hurt the skeeter…know what I mean ?!
    Thanks again
    Jim

James Wascko
    S.W Michigan for now.

Cranking Battery on the MX 2025 / 2040

I saw a picture of the starboard rear deck storgae and it looked as if maybe the starting battery was tucked back in there and down in a cut out slot.

If so how big of a battery can you place in there ?
    If not then Please tell me where this battery sits. lol

I have always ran as big of a duel battery as I could get away with. High Craanking and Big Deep cycle as well. Can this be done on the MX or is something not needed.

Thank you
    James W

Ryan

In the Wx series I have 4 29 series batteries and a minn kota charger in the center storage compartment. Its in between the rear seats. There is lots of room in there. Which is the same in MX. If nobody else post a pic I can when I get home from deer hunting.

James Wascko
    S.W Michigan for now.

Ryan Hi,
    Thank you for the reply. I have a couple of pictures of this compartment with 3 batteries and charger and it was a 36 V system. I did not see a forth battery in the rear floor storage area. Am I missing something here ?
    Thanks
    James W

kroger3
    blaine mn

In my MX2025 I run 4 batteries and have moved them out of the floor and under the rear deck. All are odyssey batteries (3-PC1500’s and 1-PC2250). So there are 4 batteries and a minnkota 460PC charger stuffed under the rear deck and the rear storage bins still fit. Its a very tight fit and not very fun to install but it opened up the floor for extra storage. I put a milk crate full of crank bait boxes, boat bumpers, ropes, and tool kit all in the floor. This is on a 2014 year model boat.

kroger3
    blaine mn

Here are a few other pictures that I had on my phone.

Attachments:
    1. 20150430_171707.jpg

2. 20150430_171656.jpg

3. 20150205_174836.jpg

4. 20150203_172921.jpg

kroger3
    blaine mn

More

Attachments:
    1. 20150717_093846.jpg

2. 20150529_085955.jpg

socoeyechaser
    Colorado

Thanks for sharing Kroger3. Have you noticed any difference in performance and/or ride moving four batteries from the floor to under the rear deck? Do you ever use a deck extension or is your tool/rod holder removable?

kroger3
    blaine mn

Thanks for sharing Kroger3. Have you noticed any difference in performance and/or ride moving four batteries from the floor to under the rear deck? Do you ever use a deck extension or is your tool/rod holder removable?

I had moved the batteries from day 1 so do not have a real direct comparison and run more of a power prop. So really can not comment on that.

For what I do there is no need for a deck extension for me. I have the corner platforms on both sides and are non removable. One side has the rod grip holder, cup holder, tool pockets, and holes to hang tackle. The other side has a cisco base and I put a 1100 series humminbird there for trolling or when I am muskie casting (I fish from the back). I like this mounted down on the platform because the unit is out of the way from any rods while trolling for any boatside work while muskie fishing.

Ryan

I thought I had 29 series when I was at camp but they are 27 series. I run a hds 9 and 12 and electric downriggers and never had a problem this season. My trays in the boat will fit 29s so you can get them in there. Also if you want to run 5 batteries and a 2 bank and 3 bank charger it will fit. I have seen the chargers to the rear of the batteries and all 5 batteries towards the front. There is about 12″ of room behind my batteries in there now. The guys at SBC will know way more then me on that!

Attachments:
    1. image31.jpeg

nailswi
    Waunakee, WI

Good stuff guys, that is exactly the kind of stuff I was hoping to see. Thanks for taking the time to share.

Nails

James Wascko
    S.W Michigan for now.

Ryan Hi,
    That is good to know and SEE !!
    I see you run interstate batteries….Have youi ever dealt with ODYSSEY Marine batteries ?
    James W

rock 2 me

Sorry, this is a couple years old but i just found this post by kroger3. how did you make and attach those corner boards that hold rods and tools? That is awesome idea. what are they made of and how are they attached to not interfere with the hatches?

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.