Sixgill Fishing Rod: Lykan Series

• Tyler Thimsen

There are a lot of mixed reviews about Sixgill Fishing Rods/Reels…

Late Winter I decided to purchase 2x of the Lykan series to see for myself. I bought the 7’3″MH Casting Rod and the 7’M Spinning Rod…The 7’M quickly became my favorite All Purpose rod! Sensitive enough for panfish and strong enough to pull in carp/catfish! I go into detail about the stats of the rod in the video and also my opinions of why I think so highly of this fishing rod!

Hope you guys enjoy the review and also hope this helps with a future fishing purchase!

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Way underrated in my opinion, I own 10 rods and 10 reels from them now.
    I run 2 lykan casting rods, 1 paired with a hamarr, and 1 with wraith, 2 spining combos. 1 with banshee and i cant think of the other one. ( edit, dreadnought)
    I really like all 4 of those set ups.
    I also have 2 myakka, 4 akylos. 2 creatures, and 1 kranken. I like them all besides the kranken. The wraith and hamarr are awesome reels.
    The owner is always available to talk to and customer service is 100 percent the best ive dealt with.

And of course if you wait for a bogo deal its a easy easy choice.

The dreadnought spinning reel has quickly become one of my favorites as I now have 4 of them, and the hammarr is one of my first picked up casting reels.

Tyler Thimsen

Way underrated in my opinion, I own 10 rods and 10 reels from them now.
    I run 2 lykan casting rods, 1 paired with a hamarr, and 1 with wraith, 2 spining combos. 1 with banshee and i cant think of the other one. ( edit, dreadnought)
    I really like all 4 of those set ups.
    I also have 2 myakka, 4 akylos. 2 creatures, and 1 kranken. I like them all besides the kranken. The wraith and hamarr are awesome reels.
    The owner is always available to talk to and customer service is 100 percent the best ive dealt with.

And of course if you wait for a bogo deal its a easy easy choice.

The dreadnought spinning reel has quickly become one of my favorites as I now have 4 of them, and the hammarr is one of my first picked up casting reels.

I’m just now getting into trying their reels, was thinking of getting a wraith soon…I have a 8:1 Cyclone right now and like it alot for cranking. The rods are awesome though and I agree…Anyone that I have let use, has bought one the next day lol.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.