Simms Challenger Suit

• Gilgetter

Hello Folks. I am looking for some opinions on the Simms Challenger suit. They are obviously pretty expensive and I’d like to see if the quality is on par with the price or if it’s paying for a name.

DOC24

I just got the challenger bibs this year to have something besides my striker suit for spring fishing. The bibs are super comfy and flexible.I like how they are not bulky and should provide adequate warmth and wind protection with layering underneath. The quality and fit looks to be really good. I like how warm my striker climate suit is but it can be bulky and uncomfortable for being in the boat. We will see in a few months if it was worth the purchase. FYI i got my bibs on amazon for $150.

Gilgetter

I just got the challenger bibs this year to have something besides my striker suit for spring fishing. The bibs are super comfy and flexible.I like how they are not bulky and should provide adequate warmth and wind protection with layering underneath. The quality and fit looks to be really good. I like how warm my striker climate suit is but it can be bulky and uncomfortable for being in the boat. We will see in a few months if it was worth the purchase. FYI i got my bibs on amazon for $150.

I’ve been torn between buying the Simms suit and just buying the lighter weight bass pro shops bibs and jacket. The Simms are in the $300 territory and the Bass Pro Shops set is less than $200.

DOC24

I’ve never tried on the bass pro shops bibs or jacket or looked into the quality of the fabric. I did a lot of research and read lots of reviews and everyone seemed to have and overall good review of the Simms stuff. Lots of pros running the Simms clothing. When I was trying to decide seemed like most suggestions were the Cabelas guide wear or Simms. I”m gonna just get the bibs for now and probably look at getting the coat later. Seems like I’m always shedding my coat first but end up keeping the bibs on all day. I really like that they feel more fitted instead of a bulky ice suit.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.