SIMMS CHALLENGER JACKETS FOR $37 !!!

• fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Nothing all all in the Waite park store. They had almost nothing in raingear at all.

bigpike

Rack was empty when I got there. I screwed up. I should of sent my daughter there to buy them all then flip them. devil

B-man

Rack was empty when I got there. I screwed up. I should of sent my daughter there to buy them all then flip them. devil

What size you looking for bigpike? I’ll take care of you if I bought what you were looking for waytogo

bigpike

Sounds good. I sent a pm!

Jake D
    Watertown, SD

I don’t see what the big deal is. Bman had an opportunity and he took advantage of it. I would have done the same thing and he is selling the stuff still at a deep discount ($50 less than what I have seen online).

Jeff Gilberg

Bman’s a standup guy.
    except for birds, he has a thing about birds

bigpike

No problem here. A little capitalism is what this country is all about. I’m kicking myself for not getting the daughter on it right away. I like trying things on b4 I buy but at that price I should of pulled the trigger right away. This LOTw trip clouded my vision

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I like trying things on b4 I buy but at that price

Totally, clothes and footwear should always be tried on to ensure the proper fit in person. I’ve made the mistake of buying clothing online only to have it not fit properly then you gotta ship it back and wait for another size…nope, not again.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

FYI the Carver Fleet Farm didn’t have any Simms stuff, but they did have the same sale going on a lot of Blaze Orange and camo stuff.

patk
    Nisswa, MN

Couldn’t find any rain gear in Brooklyn Park. Not sure if they were out or just didn’t see it.

However wandering around got me a shiny new Weber Genesis grill doah Deal was so good I texted the fw. Bit later she called back and went running back to the store. If you want a Weber Spirit 3 burner there’s another deal to be had.

Jake D
    Watertown, SD

However wandering around got me a shiny new Weber Genesis grill Deal was so good I texted the fw.

What kind of deal we talking?

philtickelson
    Inactive
    Mahtomedi, MN

$50 for blue camo jacket in large, can arrange for local pickup if you’re near Eau Claire, who says no? That’s like a $10 profit for you!

whistling

B-man

Bman’s a standup guy.
    except for birds, he has a thing about birds

Hey! I’m like a bird whisperer Jeff mrgreen

#seagullslivesmatter

Good luck on your boundary waters trip buddy!

Attachments:
    1. IMG_20190629_175705_01.jpg

milemark_714

Also this. $699 it also has 25% off so that makes it $525. I have a $100 gift card but just couldn’t justify the purchase. Almost did it but I dont really need it.

You could still flip those on fleabay for around 700.00 or so.I sold the 4 I got from Gander last month,with all the discounts they were 400.00 a piece.

Good deals out there,have to be at the right place at the right time.

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

After seeing a classified ad on this forum for the same jacket, it got me to thinking a bit more about all this.

First of all, if I’d just bought one of these in the last year or so for full price of $299…and then came across this announcement for $37, I might be feeling kind of sick. mad

Secondly, it makes you wonder if you should ever pay full price for any of this gear?

Also I wonder if FF was selling these below their cost? If not, then that’s a ridiculous markup at full retail price. twisted

philtickelson
    Inactive
    Mahtomedi, MN

Secondly, it makes you wonder if you should ever pay full price for any of this gear?

I can’t answer all your questions, but I think the obvious answer to this one is NO, you shouldn’t.

I started realizing that when Joe’s Sporting Goods has 20-50% off sales on their clothing/fishing gear multiple times every year. How can they offer 50% off and still stay in business?

I think it’s the same reason stores like Dick’s and Gander Mountain started to focus on more clothes than gear, margins must be big!

B-man

After seeing a classified ad on this forum for the same jacket, it got me to thinking a bit more about all this.

First of all, if I’d just bought one of these in the last year or so for full price of $299…and then came across this announcement for $37, I might be feeling kind of sick. mad

Also I wonder if FF was selling these below their cost? If not, then that’s a ridiculous markup at full retail price. twisted

To be fair

The one you’re talking about is the insulated version, which costs an additional $100 over the ones I found on clearance ($299 retail vs $199).

The insulated Challengers were still marked at full retail price at Fleet Farm.

There is no doubt that clothing has one of the highest margins. That’s why most sporting goods stores these days are filled with 80% clothing and 20% sporting goods.

B-man

$50 for blue camo jacket in large, can arrange for local pickup if you’re near Eau Claire, who says no? That’s like a $10 profit for you!

whistling

If my job was to drive around and meet dudes to sell jackets to on the street for $10…..I’d live in a van down by the river….with no money left to put gas in the van to drive around and meet dudes to sell jackets to on the street jester

You should have heeded my advice and got your own for $37 )

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

The one you’re talking about is the insulated version, the which costs an additional $100 over the ones I found on clearance ($299 retail vs $199).

Yes, I see that now…my mistake.

And I didn’t think too much about until now why so many sporting good stores have such a high percentage of clothing.

And now I see almost every ice fishing gear company is also selling ice suits too. Remember when all StrikeMaster sold was augers, or when Clam only made portable shelters? tongue

riverruns
    Inactive

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>riverruns wrote:</div>
    Also this. $699 it also has 25% off so that makes it $525. I have a $100 gift card but just couldn’t justify the purchase. Almost did it but I dont really need it.

You could still flip those on fleabay for around 700.00 or so.I sold the 4 I got from Gander last month,with all the discounts they were 400.00 a piece.

Good deals out there,have to be at the right place at the right time.

Pretty sure I’ll head there tomorrow and pick one up. Why not get a couple $100.

philtickelson
    Inactive
    Mahtomedi, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>philtickelson wrote:</div>

whistling

If my job was to drive around and meet dudes to sell jackets to on the street for $10…..I’d live in a van down by the river….with no money left to put gas in the van to drive around and meet dudes to sell jackets to on the street jester

You should have heeded my advice and got your own for $37 )

Haha, let me know if you change your mind.

If you just wanna make some money, go for it! If you came in here and just said you had these jackets for sale people would probably buy them up immediately. A retail store’s actual margin is hidden from customers, which is why it feels good to get a deal, it seems like we are ‘winning’.

But when someone says, “Hey, I got these for $37, want to pay me $90 for one?” It no longer feels like a deal, it feels like a rip-off. I don’t know how far you live from the Eau Claire fleet farm, but the ‘I did all this work and spent all this gas money to do this!’ is a bit much too lol.

Good luck! Throw em on ebay and make some dough!

patk
    Nisswa, MN

patk wrote:
    However wandering around got me a shiny new Weber Genesis grill Deal was so good I texted the fw.

What kind of deal we talking?

$800 grill for $510 before tax. They showed one more in the inventory system that night but couldn’t find it. So I got the floor model. Hot deal on a Spirit 3 burner. $500 regular in the low $300s. Tough to find really good deals on Weber anywhere. Had other brands on sale but I was focused on Weber.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

$800 grill for $510 before tax. They showed one more in the inventory system that night but couldn’t find it. So I got the floor model. Hot deal on a Spirit 3 burner. $500 regular in the low $300s. Tough to find really good deals on Weber anywhere. Had other brands on sale but I was focused on Weber.

Not to get this thread off topic, but Warners Stellian has a grill expo every spring when they offer sales on grills (including webers). It includes free assembly, free delivery, free haul away of your old grill, and $50 worth of gift cards for no-name brand foods.

Viewing 23 posts - 31 through 53 (of 53 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.