Silverado / Champions Tour

• Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Any of you Bass guys here ever fish this?

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

No but I’d like to fish the pro / Am going on right now Mille Lacs. This is a real well run tourney series. Its rather $ to get in and I believe they have a waiting list. A lot of the top local talent are fishing this series.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

I’ve been watching the old Silverado stuff on You Tube. Interesting to see how things have changed.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

I’ve been watching the old Silverado stuff on You Tube. Interesting to see how things have changed.

I did fish the old silverado Pro / Am tourneys for 2 years. They were great well ran tourneys as well. It was sad when they stopped having them.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

I’m pretty sure it’s the same thing with a different name. I think Scott Bonnama & Paul Neuman own it now, but I might be wrong.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

I’m pretty sure it’s the same thing with a different name. I think Scott Bonnama & Paul Neuman own it now, but I might be wrong.

The new champions bass tour ( not real new, been around for a few years now ) is far different than the old silverado Pro/Am’s. All of those were pro / Am events. On the current Champions tour they only have 1 pro Am event as far as I’m aware. All the other events are solo events. This pro am event is also the best 8 fish total. The other events are a total of all fish caught added up style event. The old silverado’s were ran by Billy Hildebrand. He ran a great Tourney series for many years. Those were probably the Biggest bass series back in the 80’s and early 90’s.

crawdaddy
    St. Paul MN

Then they had Tim Lesmiester take over for a year as tournament director. That guy is a loon. They were great tournaments though.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.