Shout out to Stop light Bait – St. Cloud

• fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

The post about Wayzata Bait and tackle reminded me I wanted to post about what great service I receive at Stop Light Bait just off Hwy 10 in St cloud. They carry a nice selection of tackle and always have Great fresh bait. They have done a excellent job of listening to what their customers say and ask for. They by far have one of the best selection of panfish lures including a ton of panfish plastics. If you are in the area or passing through, stop in and check them out. Smaller Ma and pa shops need all the help they can get to keep the doors open. It will be a sad day for sportsman when all we have remaining are the Mega outdoor stores.

Deuces

Wonder how much state ais laws hurt these businesses more than the basspros?

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

Great to hear.

It’s been a long time, but back in my college days we did a little fishing around the area when we weren’t focusing on sports or other things I shouldn’t mention here whistling

This place was always solid then. Glad to hear it’s still around and providing solid service.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

I need to stop in there again next time I’m coming thru going to Val’s!

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

I don’t think I’ve eaten Val’s since high school.

CaptainMusky

I don’t think I’ve eaten Val’s since high school.

It hasnt changed! I remember taking an out of towner for the first time and I gave him the run down telling him to just order small fries. He ordered a large and bag was literally like half full. LOL

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

I had Val’s earlier this week. Great Burger and fry’s. Also make a great milkshake !!!! I only work a few blocks away from Val’s. I eat there much more often than I should.
    If you stop at Stop light bait and are hungry, Drive the 3 blocks West and treat yourself to a Val’s burger.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

It hasnt changed! I remember taking an out of towner for the first time and I gave him the run down telling him to just order small fries. He ordered a large and bag was literally like half full. LOL

Yep. Never order a large fry !!! doah

Charles

shake !!!! I only work a few blocks away from Val’s. I eat there much more often than I should.

Lol unless you have two people with you lol.

Man I haven’t had Vals forever.

CaptainMusky

Holy sh** vals is still there!?

Yep the only thing that has changed is you no longer pick up a phone to order your food where a lady in St Joe answers LOL

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Holy sh** vals is still there!?

Oh hell yeah, and busier than ever judging from our stops! Also, somehow they are inflation proof, I can feed my whole family burgers, fries and milkshakes from Val’s for the same price as a supersized mcgarbage rotflol

MNdrifter

You guys and your Vals. I don’t get it. I like a greasy hamburger as much as the next guy, but those literally soak through the sack. Next you guys will say how good Raising Caines chicken is. SMH. Now that Best burger is gone, easily Burger Time has the best burger in St. Cloud. MT’s on 8th is close second.

To OP, yeah stoplight bait is great. They have pretty much everything one would need and decent prices.

CaptainMusky

Crooked pint has the best burger is st cloud and it’s not close. You don’t go to Val’s for the best burger you go there for value.

Joe Jarl
    SW Wright County

Big fan of Stop Light Bait! And most other mom and pop shops for that matter.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Burger Time has the best burger in St. Cloud. MT’s on 8th is close second.

I’d flip those two around, MT’s #1 and Burger Time #2. And as Musky said Val’s is short for Value, a ton of solid food for cheap. And it’s close to Highway 10….might be stopping in Friday after all this talk peace

orve4

I work a few blocks from Stop light Bait and I frequently stop there on my lunch brake to pick up anything I need for that night or a weekend trip. Alot of things to choose from.

Fish Thumper I work down in the same area probably in one of the county buildings.

weedis
    Sauk Rapids, MN

I live about 7 min from Stop Light so go there fairly often. They do have a good selection.

If you could combine the burger time burger with vals fries it would be a deadly combo.

MNdrifter

If you could combine the burger time burger with vals fries it would be a deadly combo.

^^^ Yup! I could get on board with that!

might be stopping in Friday after all this talk peace

Godspeed my friend. Hope you got toilet paper and the cabin is only a short distance!

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Godspeed my friend. Hope you got toilet paper and the cabin is only a short distance!

Haha only 2 hours to Nevis, but we are talking Val’s here, not Toxic Hell errr Taco Bell!

CaptainMusky

We would frequently go to Val’s for lunch but I refused to drive. That smell of grease doesnt come out of the interior. -)

weedis
    Sauk Rapids, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>MNdrifter wrote:</div>

Haha only 2 hours to Nevis, but we are talking Val’s here, not Toxic Hell errr Taco Bell!

BW, I will leave some toilet paper on the front step for ya, bathroom is closed to you!

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.