Shout-out to St Croix Rods

• Tom Albrecht
    Eau Claire

I bought an Avid in February. While fishing in May, I was pulling a fish along side the boat, the rod tip hit my arm and snapped in two places. Of course I forgot to register the rod after buying it. I went through the process of making a claim and expected to pay the replacement fee plus shipping. They called me this morning and are going to replace it for $25 no questions asked. Not only are they great rods, they treated me better than deserved. Really impressed.

buschman
    Pool 2

I agree.. I have worked with Dan a few times. More than I want to admit.. haha..

I have never had anything but a good experience with them. You do not have to register the rod. It goes of the # on the blank. They know where it came from with that #. In addition they offer a great deal to upgrade rods as well and will give you a credit for retail cost on those rods if they break and you want to move up to a better one.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

x3, I bought a St. Croix second hand off of IDO, broke it a year later by a buddies user error and sent it in with like $50 and had a new one in no time. Love my St. Croix’s!

Paul D
    Roseville

Few years back I broke a Premier rod. Sent in for repairs fully expecting to pay, low and behold they didn’t charge me for the repairs, just the shipping. Now that’s one reason I spend the money on St. Croix rods. Also broke a very nice AVID rod that I had purchased used. I sent it in, and they called me and said “for $60.00 we can get you a Legend Tournament crankbait rod”. I am very pleased with their customer service.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Nice to know. I just sent in a form and pictures yesterday. Had what turned out to be a 8 year old Mojo Bass rod break while swinging in a small bass – not sure what caused the break ( I have done that 100’s of times on that rod ) It may have picked up a nick in the blank somewhere along the way. I have requested to change the replacement to a different model ( Same Cost ) I hope they do that – If not I’m fine with the same model replacement. I should be hearing from them soon. I did not even know that every since 2001 they have put a S/N on each rod.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

I just received my replacement rod today. It only took a week from the day I emailed the form till it was at my door step. They even replaced the broken rod with a different rod within the same model lineup that I requested. I’ve managed to break a few different rods over the years and St. Croix has always been one of the best companies to deal with.

Sylvanboat

Some my Premier rods are over 30 years old and still work fine.

joe-winter
    St. Peter, MN

I received my Legend Tournament rod yesterday. It was my second time dealing with St Croix warranty program over the years. Was easy and slick. I just take it to Scheels, give them $20 for S&H and it is taken care of. The first time I went through St. Croix directly and had to figure out packaging,. highly recommend going through Scheels. Zero monkey work.

ClownColor
    Inactive
    The Back 40

Good to hear. I love good companies and have heard nothing but good things from them.

What you all recommend as a good lindy rig rod from them? I’ll be using a president reel if that matters. I prefer mid range $$$.

Thanks
    CC

joe-winter
    St. Peter, MN

Good to hear. I love good companies and have heard nothing but good things from them.

What you all recommend as a good lindy rig rod from them? I’ll be using a president reel if that matters. I prefer mid range $$$.

Thanks
    CC

For the money…… their Eyecon series is good. For Lindy… depending if you like a 7′ or 7’6″ … try model # ECS76MLXF or ECS70MLF

This is assuming “mid range” means $100-150.

ClownColor
    Inactive
    The Back 40

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>bob clowncolor wrote:</div>

Thanks
    CC

For the money…… their Eyecon series is good. For Lindy… depending if you like a 7′ or 7’6″ … try model # ECS76MLXF or ECS70MLF

This is assuming “mid range” means $100-150.

Very nice. Thanks and I’ll give it a gander.

…and yes, $100-150 is about all I’ll spend on a rod.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

I received my Legend Tournament rod yesterday. It was my second time dealing with St Croix warranty program over the years. Was easy and slick. I just take it to Scheels, give them $20 for S&H and it is taken care of. The first time I went through St. Croix directly and had to figure out packaging,. highly recommend going through Scheels. Zero monkey work.

I did not even need to bother with a return. I just had to email the form and several pictures of the rod. They do have you cut the rod in 1/2 and show that in a picture. Mine was a old rod well out of warranty – It may be a different process on rods that are within warranty

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

<

Thanks
    CC

X2 on the Eyecon series. I have several. I use the 7’6 model as I like to get my line as far away from the boat at possible.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.