Shoulder Surgery/Electric Razor Needed?

• 3rdtryguy
    Central Mn

After a 2 1/2 year wait my shoulder surgery is happening in 2 weeks. It’s my right shoulder and I’m right handed. I’ve been practicing being left handed and muddling through most things (although I am washing my hands more with one chore). Using a regular razor is just not improving so an electric is going to be needed I think. I need one that will be only needed for just a couple months so I would like to find one fairly cheap. Any suggestions? On a separate note, is it tough to lay in a bed? Why do many use recliners? I have two recliners but the electric controls are on the right side and unreachable.

orve4

Had a torn labrum about 4 years ago. Sleeping in a recliner for about the first 6 weeks is what I did and it worked pretty good. Make sure to stay up on ice and ibuprofen which helped the most. Also make sure to do your rehab. Practicing with your left hand is a good idea.

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

Get a cheap razor for Amazon.

As a guy who’s had a lot of surgeries my suggestion is you need to experiment with how to get comfortable. I’ve found that on your back can be ok but sometimes you need to brace yourself with pillows. You’ll also notice you can’t sleep in the same position all night. Sometimes start in bed and then move to a recliner.

As mentioned above…as you get off pain killers ibuprofen is key along with ice. Ice will be your best friend so get some good ice packs, especially the flat, flexible kind.

Good luck.

Jimmy Jones

After a 2 1/2 year wait my shoulder surgery is happening in 2 weeks.

Here’s hoping the surgery goes well and you get healed up in good time.

I can’t help with the sleeping stuff but the ice and ibuprofen or tylenol are good buddies and do stay in line with the rehab.

Mike Schulz
    Osakis/Long Prairie

good luck on your surgery!!

big_g
    Isle, MN

Time for no shave Movember a little early ? Good luck with the surgery !

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn
    CaptainMusky

Time for no shave Movember a little early ?

People still actually shave? I thought that went out the window during Covid.

Baitwaster
    South metro

Look into getting an “ice machine” for your shoulder. Beats ice packs. The one I used also had compression to help with the inflammation. Velcro to hold it in place, quick to connect/disconnect. They aren’t cheap, but it’s definitely falls into the category you can pay as much as you want. Amazon is full of them.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

hope all goes well with the surgery 3rdtryguy!!!!!! waytogo

just a suggestion on the razer………if you get a good one with a mustache trimmer…….when your done with it…….i’ll buy it from you when your done.

i believe your in brainerd…..i go through there every time i head north.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Grow a beard toast . Recliners are nice post shoulder surgery bc they keep you on your back, and the upright position helps too. Beds are fine if you don’t toss and turn too much, you’ll quickly figure out what works. Practice wiping left handed, way more difficult and important than the facial hair! rotflol

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.