Should they be embarrassed?

• Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Championship game of Big10 mens hockey in Detroit Michigan. I’m pretty sure there are more people watching a pee wee game in Warroad then are in attendance at the Joe! I feel sorry for the camera guys zooming in so tight as not to show all the empty lower bowl seats.

You money whores are getting exactly what you deserve. coffee

BTW, since most can’t find the game Gophers lead 3-2 with 10 left in the third.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Gophers win 4-2.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

St. Cloud trails 3-2 after 2 against Miami Ohio.
    Mankato won the WCHA title.

Kurt Turner
    Kasson, MN

Bring back the original WCHA and the Fighting Sioux! Remind me again how and why the Big Ten came about?

Reminds me, previously known team called the Sioux beaten twice after being rated #1. What a curse.

Hope St. Cloud can tie it up. Coleman for Ohio, all 3 goals then booted for hit. Wow

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

There were a whole lot more at the EXCEL watching the WCHA,than the NCHC at Target Center.

Sure would be great to see The Gophers play North Dakota in the NCAA Tourney.

toast

tegg
    Hudson, Wi/Aitkin Co

Hard to call yourself Hockey Town.

Kris
    Otsego, MN

I thought the same thing. I had to look up the drive time. About 45 minutes from Ann Arbor to Detroit. Can’t believe there wasn’t more blue and gold there.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

It’s pretty obvious what’s going to happen to the big ten schools. They are all going to have lots of trouble recruiting. If kids can’t watch them on tv, they won’t know they exist.

Look at the era without NHL in mn. Back to back champs when these kids grew up watching the gophers because hats all that was on tv.

I watched so much less gopher hockey this year since I started watching back in the early 90s. Not because I couldn’t find the game on tv, because the tv coverage was the worst its ever been. The hometown coverage has sucked ever since Mozzacco was ousted for that candy ass Lapanta.

shamus
    Inactive

Yes, they should be, but not for poor attendance. More so for the fact that they ruined what was the greatest rivalry and conference in college hockey. And by they I mean the Universities of Minnesota and Wisconsin. Wisconsin (Barry Alverez) for pushing so hard for the Big 6 conference and Minnesota for going along with it and then removing UND from their schedule for at least 4 straight seasons.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

What a freaking joke the Big Money conference move is turning out to be. Games played on Wednesdays in the middle of the night and televised on channel 2985 if your cable system even offers it.

And then they host the conference tournament in Detoilet! I can’t stop laughing. There was 3x the attendance watching Mankato last night. Granted, we’re talking about a highly ranked team here, so…

Next year the U will be asking for more state subsidy because the Big Money conference will have proved NOT to live up to its name. Advertising rates will plummet becase of lack of viewers and so the U will need more cash to keep the whole thing together.

Or, of course, they can raise tuition.

Grouse

hl&sinker
    Inactive
    north fowl

There were a whole lot more at the EXCEL watching the WCHA,than the NCHC at Target Center.

Sure would be great to see The Gophers play North Dakota in the NCAA Tourney.

toast

EXCELL, WCHA, NCAA, NCHC.
    What the heck you guys talking about? To many lettes for one sport.

Pretty soon these guys are going to be playing for money at these schools. Just think get paid to go to a school and not even know what those letters mean.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.