Shotgun Stock Fitting locally

• suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Looking for someone near twin cities or east that can help me fit the stock on my new Benelli.
    It came with a few sizes but there are many more available.
    If possible I would rather work with someone that knows exactly what they are doing and possibly even has some of the myriad of Benelli Comfort stock shims on-hand.
    If I cannot find someone I will begin the slow and tedious process myself. Thanks.

Sharon
    SE Metro

I would check out Ahlman’s Guns in Morristown. They’re a bit south, but worth a visit. Years ago they shortened the stock on my 12ga after they measured it and my arm length to determine the best fit and it turned out great!

ahlmans.com
    9525 230th St W, Morristown, MN 55052
    507-685-4243

Netguy
    Minnetonka

Suzuki, are you looking for length of pull or point of impact? On my Benellis the shims are for point of impact. It was pretty straight forward to find the right one as long as you have a place to shoot to find point of impact vs point of aim.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Suzuki, are you looking for length of pull or point of impact? On my Benellis the shims are for point of impact. It was pretty straight forward to find the right one as long as you have a place to shoot to find point of impact vs point of aim.

POI

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

I am following. Bought a Franchi that I want to love but fine myself way less accurate with compared to my Benelli Nova. I think I am missing low

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

I am following. Bought a Franchi that I want to love but fine myself way less accurate with compared to my Benelli Nova. I think I am missing low

Yo ho, yo ho, to the patterning board you must go!

Patterning is VERY interesting. First, because as you suspected, no all shotguns don’t shoot the same. And secondly, it’s amazing how different shotguns shoot from shooter to shooter.

And also, chokes don’t even shoot consistently, so one brand’s modified could be closer to another brand’s full. I had this happen with a new shotgun for my son, he shot the full first and it was like a super full turkey choke. It was really, really, really tight. His IC from this maker shoots like a modified, but we have another shotgun, same brand, same chokes and it patterns completely different.

I help at the patterning board for the HS trap team and we run every kid and his/her gun through the patterning to see and show them the pattern density and COP. There’s been some pretty wild results because every person, every gun, and every choke is different.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I wasn’t excited about messing with the stock but I did it numerous times figuring out the adjustability. I’ll shoot it this weekend and go from there.

Netguy
    Minnetonka

Be sure and wear your normal hunting clothes. This can make a difference on point of impact.

When I adjusted my Benellis I did it in my house. shock You pick something on the other side of the room to aim at, then shoulder the UNLOADED gun and see where the barrel is in relation to your “target”. If it’s off put in the proper shim to adjust it in the right direction. For me, the patterning board was confirmation for point of impact but very important for what brand loads, what shot size with what choke gave good patterns. Lead is different than steel.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Be sure and wear your normal hunting clothes. This can make a difference on point of impact.

When I adjusted my Benellis I did it in my house. shock You pick something on the other side of the room to aim at, then shoulder the UNLOADED gun and see where the barrel is in relation to your “target”. If it’s off put in the proper shim to adjust it in the right direction. For me, the patterning board was confirmation for point of impact but very important for what brand loads, what shot size with what choke gave good patterns. Lead is different than steel.

I was doing the same thing yesterday. I have the maximum heel drop installed out of the 5 provided and that seemed the best. Anything less and all I could see was a lot of rib.
    Hopefully I dont need more drop as there are no more options. Ill shoot it this weekend to find out.

snelson223
    Austin MN

I have benelli’s with the comfort tec stocks and the only way I like them is with the raised combs and shorter recoil pads.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.