Shock Absorbing Pedestal Seats

• Coldfront

Why doesn’t Skeeter offer as at least as an option some kind of shock absorbing pedestal seat? It would be cost an additional $100.00 for the passenger and drivers seat for a Springfield WaveMaster. Not impressed with a $70,000 purchase and then have cheap pedestals

Dean Marshall
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

They do have a air ride passenger & driver pedestal air ride and we order all of our Skeeter stock with that. With that, a far cry from aftermarket suspension options like Smoothmoves, wavepros , etc etc

Coldfront

Hi Dean
    Here is a picture of the Springfield 2 7/8 base that I took out of my boat. There is zero damping, hard as a rock. I called Springfield and the gal there told me “and also sent it to me in an email” that the pedestal that Skeeter uses is extra heavy duty for the added weight of the seat. I weigh 240# and I had to bounce on it to get it to go down a little bit. She told me that the base that come boat is just a seat riser. She recommended 1080136 Ez-Ride Wave Damping pedestal which I did but now there is no height adjustment but at least there is some damping. I am going to test the boat on Sunday. By the way I also called Skeeter Customer Service and the gal there told me also that the seat pedestal that is installed on a WX2060 has no damping. This is why for my original comment. Thanks Dean for responding. http://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/sYIAAOSw0fhXkoUk/s-l1600.jpg

mojogunter

The only thing I will add to your comment about the Springfield being hard as a rock. If you have a seat slider adjustment if the seat isn’t centered on the Springfield shock I have in my passenger seat it is much less affective. I would guess the same would be the case with yours.

Dean Marshall
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

Interesting! Since it is a adjustable I assumed there was some shock benefits. On the MX fixed is std and we do upgrade those, hence my reply.

To be honest, I have taken my after market suspension seat pedestals from boat to boat so it has been many years since I ran non aftermarket seat pedestals.

skeeter20
    Winnie/Grand Rapids,MN

It could be worse and spend $80+k and have the same thing lol. I always thought them posts had some give in them. Sure felt like it? Either way they are nothing to write home about. I highly recommend a pair of Wave Pros. Dean has them in stock.

Chris Messerschmidt
    Minnesota

We have smooth moves but I still like the Air Waves the best out of all of them. Top notch company and a killer seat shock.

I have tried adjusting the Smooth moves every which way but I still feel like I am going to get ejected out of the boat. To me they have fast of a rebound. Both of the seats in the boat feel like this.

Now are the smooth moves a bad seat shock? NO not at all. I would never own a boat without seat shocks after using them but I would buy a different product.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.