whos???

• john_steinhauer
    p4

been out looking for sheds so fare im thinking about doing some walking around this weekend i dropped my deer head off at the taxidermy today and a guy called while i was there and said he shot a buck and ran into some pines and knocked both horns off starting to get the itch now its not helping that pat posted the pics with a few with one side missing

lick

Way too much snow

It will be March before I get serious unless 1 drops in my feeding areas

bob_bergeson
    cannon falls

In my home area we are watching 3-5 bucks every night with both sides. I do have video of 2 smaller bucks with one horn.
    My fear is that if I pressure the bedding areas the bucks will leave my property I have done this many times before for now I will continue to look while I check camera cards on food plots, when the cameras show several of the good bucks with both sides gone I will be looking hard Good luck on your shed hunting

walleyebuster5
    Central MN

I went out for an hour for a little shed hunting appetizer! More or less scouting the area for Feb and I didnt kick any up which was nice. Excited over here too!

lick

I may take a peek in Bob’s shed soon

bob_bergeson
    cannon falls

Quote:

john_steinhauer
    p4

Quote:

……. whats in bobs shed

bob_bergeson
    cannon falls

Quote:

Quote:

……. whats in bobs shed

bob_bergeson
    cannon falls

For those of you brave enough to trudge thru 2 feet of snow to look for sheds Don’t forget to bring a hand pruner and cut some browse for those hungry deer Remember it’s hard to beat those tender small branches and sprouts when it comes to good deer forage

lick

It’s a shed shed

walleyebuster5
    Central MN

Quote:

For those of you brave enough to trudge thru 2 feet of snow to look for sheds Don’t forget to bring a hand pruner and cut some browse for those hungry deer Remember it’s hard to beat those tender small branches and sprouts when it comes to good deer forage

What do you mean by that Bob? LIke snipping them off? How is that easier for deer to feed off of? I guess I don’t know how that works.. thanks.

wihunter24

I found my first shed of the season on December 20th. I was out moving / checking trail cams and pretty much randomly walked up onto it. It was laying between the woods and a picked corn field that’s getting hammered. While sorting through the pics on the trail cam I had 60 yards away, I managed to get some “before” and “after” pictures of the buck. Just a little guy, but I’ll take what I can get SORRY FOR THE BIG PICS….

bob_bergeson
    cannon falls

Quote:

Quote:

What do you mean by that Bob? LIke snipping them off? How is that easier for deer to feed off of? I guess I don’t know how that works.. thanks.

Just cut some of the smaller branches that are above a deers normal ability to browse. Just let the branches with small buds on them lay on top of the snow and they will gobble them up

walleyebuster5
    Central MN

Thanks BOB! Makes sense!

WIhunter. Welcome to IDO! And thanks for sharing the pics. Am I looking at that correctly? You two pics of that buck on the same day, one with an antler gone and you found that antler the next day? VERY COOL!

john_steinhauer
    p4

Quote:

Thanks BOB! Makes sense!

WIhunter. Welcome to IDO! And thanks for sharing the pics. Am I looking at that correctly? You two pics of that buck on the same day, one with an antler gone and you found that antler the next day? VERY COOL!

X2 thanks for sharing and welcome i love the idea of cutting some brows for the deer with all this snow its gotta me hard on and im sure they will take what they can get

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.