Sharpton & Jackson?

• fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>fishthumper wrote:</div>
    Never said he was. Just said in that case a police officer was at least attempting to arrest a know criminal who was resisting arrest. In this case the party was not even a criminal and had no idea what he was resisting if resisting anything at all. If I get woke up by several people yelling and screaming while pointing guns at me and I have a gun in my hand I’d most likely draw and point my firearm at the individuals as well. As a law abiding citizen I would never even thing that people barging into my home with Guns pointing would be the police looking for someone else or in the incorrect home.

Do you often sleep on the couch holding your handgun? This is the part that confounds me.

HRG

I don’t often sleep with it in my hand. But if someone were to breakdown or storm through my door I can assure you that in the time it takes then to get up the stairs and down the hall to my bedroom doorway I’m most likely going to have a firearm in my hands. Most likely my side by side shotgun loaded with #4 buckshot. In that situation it would not end well for me or the police who made a mistake. I know it would probably end real well for my Wife and family though. Just like this will for this guys family. $ wise anyway.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

But, if he doesn’t wake-up holding a handgun, is he alive today, and we have no idea who Amir Locke is?

HRG

Depending on if the people who was entering his home were there to harm him or not. If they were criminals there to do him harm and he didn’t have a handgun in his hand he may end up dead just like he did here.

Long story short. He’s not dead due to his error. He’s dead due to the police Dept’s error.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Why do yo care what he or anyone else does inside their own home.
    Sometimes I like to walk around naked with a cowboy style holster and sing show tunes.
    I don’t bother anyone but my dog. So what?

LOL your dog told me he wants to move out.

Ripjiggen

He has other reasons besides that.

deertracker

If the cops don’t go in unannounced and he hears police search warrant open up or we are breaking the door down is he alive today?

They did announce as they were going in.
    DT

Ripjiggen

That they did. Little different than what I was saying. I’ll fix it for you so you can understand the whole sentence.

deertracker

No need. Your sentence had two parts. I was just saying that they did announce.
    Edit: Just not before entry.
    DT

Gitchi Gummi

If you support gun rights and the 2A, you should be outraged at the fact that a lawful gun owner was murdered by the police while attempting to bear arms to protect himself. The mental gymnastics by some is appalling.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>fishthumper wrote:</div>
    Never said he was. Just said in that case a police officer was at least attempting to arrest a know criminal who was resisting arrest. In this case the party was not even a criminal and had no idea what he was resisting if resisting anything at all. If I get woke up by several people yelling and screaming while pointing guns at me and I have a gun in my hand I’d most likely draw and point my firearm at the individuals as well. As a law abiding citizen I would never even thing that people barging into my home with Guns pointing would be the police looking for someone else or in the incorrect home.

Do you often sleep on the couch holding your handgun? This is the part that confounds me.

HRG

If I take a nap on the couch 90 percent of the time my gun is in my waist. Not in my hand ever but often in my waistband or on the table next to me. It becomes part of a wardrobe after a while and it’s just like putting my wallet in my pocket.
    A guy I used to work with lived in north Minneapolis and right after the tornadoes a few years back he woke up to a few guys kicking his door in with flash lights yelling police. They ended up just being robbers. I’d imagine it’s hard to process that fast on what’s really happening.
    I’d like to see the video just like bk stated. It stops before I see him point any firearm at the police. But what a high risk high stress situation for the police as well. Thats the sad part. Well it’s all sad really.

castle-rock-clown

Yea, a criminal busting in and entering would never say their the cops to try and get the person at home to hesitate…till it’s too late. Criminals would never lie, it would be unbecoming.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

If a traditional warrant was executed, one more innocent person would be alive. I don’t fault the victim, and I don’t fault the officers carrying out the warrant.

I am pro police, especially officers who are “boots on the ground” working to protect and help all of us as some of my family are/were active LEOs for many years. Unfortunately they are the ones forced to carry out their orders in ways they cannot question or hesitate on. It is a bit alarming that during the night a team of police can essentially kick down your door under “reasonable suspicion” and force people to make life or death decisions without any notice whatsoever. The no knock warrants need to go. They put our freedoms in a tough spot along with our law enforcement officers.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

I am pro police, especially officers who are “boots on the ground” working to protect and help all of us as some of my family are/were active LEOs for many years. Unfortunately they are the ones forced to carry out their orders in ways they cannot question or hesitate on. It is a bit alarming that during the night a team of police can essentially kick down your door under “reasonable suspicion” and force people to make life or death decisions without any notice whatsoever. The no knock warrants need to go. They put our freedoms in a tough spot along with our law enforcement officers.

I’ll stand beside that statement.

castle-rock-clown

No knock warrants should only be used under the most dire and immediate situations, those in which a major crime is eminent and need immediate intervention. The circumstances under which this warrant was executed falls well below that line and is a unnecessary disaster waiting to happen to both the person in their home and the police.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

So the named suspect on the warrant was a 17 year old wanted in a murder investigation. Does that matter in justifying a no-knock warrant? What if the suspect was in the apartment and they knocked and the suspect fired at the cops. Does that change your thinking on a no-knock warrant?

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

“what if” grandma was cleaning her gun?

Nope.

and they knocked and the suspect fired at the cops.

Suspect would be dead or barricaded inside. Barricaded allows everyone to get their head on straight.

ganderpike
    Alexandria

We don’t pay to militarize our police force so they can run some shoddy room clearing exercise on civilians with 2nd hand info. Bush league

Beast

everyone wants the cops head, and we want it NOW!!!!! It’s like no one has ever heard of due process

castle-rock-clown

Unless that cop was the one who initiated the procurement of the no knock warrant, and I highly doubt it, it was someone much higher, he is forced into an untenable position. The higher ups who made the decision to make this raid are the ones that should have to answer for this.

Ripjiggen

I for one don’t want the cops head. He was put in that situation by his superiors. A very tough situation at that.

Dutch
    That doesn’t change my opinion. If they thought he was in there, where is he to go if he is surrounded. Don’t think you knock and just stand in front of the door playing games on your phone. As I stated earlier St. Paul has not done a no knock warrant for many years.
    Does that mean they are not catching the bad guys or are they using a different protocol.
    Why did St. Paul issue a regular warrant and Minneapolis insisted it be a no knock type?

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

I’m not pro no-knock, I was just adding info as I don’t think everybody knew they were hunting a murder suspect. No matter what side of the fence you are on it’s a tragic deal.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

The higher ups who made the decision to make this raid are the ones that should have to answer for this.

The acting/interim MPD chief signed off on it after the judge approved it.

critter 1

After the arrest in Winona more info seems to be coming out looking for four susects and warrants for three apartments. I did not see where his name was tatooed on his forehead when his gun and face appeared from the blanket. Other than not knocking they announced police serch warrant several times when entering. As more info comes out I dont think this kid is an angel. I think this is going to get interesting. Not saying the kid deserved to be shot but he was in a high risk situation by his own choosing.

critter 1

Three of the four suspects were identified Was he the fourth?

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

After the arrest in Winona more info seems to be coming out looking for four susects and warrants for three apartments. I did not see where his name was tatooed on his forehead when his gun and face appeared from the blanket. Other than not knocking they announced police serch warrant several times when entering. As more info comes out I dont think this kid is an angel. I think this is going to get interesting. Not saying the kid deserved to be shot but he was in a high risk situation by his own choosing.

Is it high risk to sleep on the couch?
    I mean yeah obviously, last time I slept a full night on the couch my neck hurt for 2 days. But I didn’t get shot so that’s good. And I’ve never been a angel either. So I guess I was lucky.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

I must have missed the part of the Constitution and Bill of Rights where your rights are somehow forfeited if you are “not an angel.” People seem to quickly forget that. Even if this guy was a convicted drug dealer out on parole with a mile long rap sheet, he had a right NOT to be shot.

I’d also caution your random prediction about “as more info comes out.” If there was a chance to paint the victim as a bad guy…it’d already have come out and been done. Everything I have read is that he was not wanted, did not have a criminal record, and was holding a legally purchased firearm inside a residence.

An innocent person was shot and killed. The police were put in a lose-lose situation. This is on the higher ups and policy makers. The no-knock warrant needs to go.

Bass Pundit
    8m S. of Platte/Sullivan Lakes, Minnesocold

If you support gun rights and the 2A, you should be outraged at the fact that a lawful gun owner was murdered by the police while attempting to bear arms to protect himself. The mental gymnastics by some is appalling.

Live by the sword, die by the sword. It is a risk every gun owner takes. This wasn’t murder as the guy lifting the gun was an imminent threat to a reasonable police officer. The command was given several times for him to show his hands. He showed his hands with a gun in them. What is an officer supposed to think at that moment the gun is pointed in his direction? As far as the cop knows the guy has heard everything from the beginning and is about to open fire.

ganderpike
    Alexandria

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>duluth1an wrote:</div>

Live by the sword, die by the sword. It is a risk every gun owner takes. This wasn’t murder as the guy lifting the gun was an imminent threat to a reasonable police officer. The command was given several times for him to show his hands. He showed his hands with a gun in them. What is an officer supposed to think at that moment the gun is pointed in his direction? As far as the cop knows the guy has heard everything from the beginning and is about to open fire.

Uhh this is America, not Russia. We have freedoms for the people, by the people. The 2A is a right, not a privilege. “Live by the Sword, Die by the sword” & “this is a risk every gun owner takes” applied to this situation is some next level brain twist. Hopefully I missed out on the sarcasm.

Hanneman was the officer cited as the shooter on Locke’s case. Coincidentally, he was also involved in the thrown out case where he was doing drive-by’s at George Floyd protests and was shot by another CCW holder. Not to mention his previous questionable history wheeling drugs out of his cruiser.

Slobber the boot harder, you can’t.

CaptainMusky

The 17 year old that was arrested in Winona was Amir’s cousin apparently.

Viewing 30 posts - 61 through 90 (of 98 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.