Sharpton & Jackson?

• biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Another recent example of a botched no knock warrant by the MPD in Coon Rapids.

http://www.kare11.com/amp/article/news/investigations/innocent-mn-family-held-at-gunpoint-in-swat-no-knock-warrant-raid/89-5732a3df-5863-43d5-a546-2567d43a0f2f

COON RAPIDS, Minn. — “I was like waaaaa…” Bianca Mathias recalls screaming just after 6 o’clock on Thursday morning, Feb. 11.

She woke up to flashlights, firearms, and strange men in her Coon Rapids townhome.

“Two of them had their guns up,” she said, holding her arms in the air as if holding a rifle.

“I thought we were being robbed at first,” said the hairdresser.

Bass Pundit
    8m S. of Platte/Sullivan Lakes, Minnesocold

What is the case in favor of “no-knock” raids? Listening to Kare 11 and WCCO last night, there isn’t one. I call BS on that. There is an apparent reason why no-knock raids are done. High probability that the suspect, if armed, will react violently when confronted. Probability is the keyword. How high does the probability have to be for a no-knock raid to be justified? Put yourself in the cop’s shoes. What percentage chance are you willing to give a suspect the drop on you for when you can reasonably expect a violent response?

On the news last night, one of the experts against no knocks said in most cases, when an individual is served a warrant with a large and well-armed police presence, they give up on the spot. Makes sense. Now Mr.Expert, please tell me about some situations where things went wrong with knock warrants with a well-armed group of police. The expert and reporter failed to inform me properly, only giving the pros without the cons. I don’t want propaganda. I want hard data, facts, and counter-facts.

castle-rock-clown

It makes me wonder about the impetus for our founding fathers to place the words illegal search and seizure in the constitution? It was to keep the government from overstepping its authority…I wonder what they would say about no knock warrants?

Umy
    South Metro

No opinion either way – it is a tragic turn of events.
    You have to get a warrant for these, A judge has to sign off on them. You have to convince the judge it is necessary. There must be precedent that makes these a “viable” alternative. What is that and why is it still in place as this is not the first time this has happened? Is it because of our current “heightened” awareness? Because it’s Minneapolis?

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

Not a big fan of Al Sharpton or Jesse Jackson. They exploit situations like this to line their pockets.

You could add Ben Crump to this group too. Technically he’s a civil suit lawyer but he’s looking to do the same thing.

Crump is the top opportunist out there now. At this point Jackson is basically just someone they wheel around.
    Crump is stuffing his mattress with millions of taxpayer dollars. If there’s not a cop involved then there’s no government money to go after.
    Mpls is morphing into Baltimore. Patrons stop going downtown due to danger causing restaurants, bars & other establishments to close. Then the check cashing stores and other low income businesses start moving in taking advantage of low lease rates.
    No matter where you are on the political spectrum, it’s happening.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Crump is the top opportunist out there now. At this point Jackson is basically just someone they wheel around.
    Crump is stuffing his mattress with millions of taxpayer dollars. If there’s not a cop involved then there’s no government money to go after.

And rarely does Crump even have to go to court. He just represents the defendant and the suit is almost always settled privately before it even gets to court anyways.

Beast

Bottom line… responcablity, If you had took responcabity for your actions there wouldn’t be a warrent in the first place. this kid lost his life becuse spmeone didn’t take resposnablity for their past action, seems like most of these shooting stem from that.

buck-slayer

Heard that the guy they were after moved from this address and they guy that got shot just moved in. Bad orders from someone. Feel bad for that cop.

B-man

Wouldn’t a little surveillance have been helpful in this situation??

Whatever happened to a good old fashioned police stake out in an unmarked car with coffee and five packs of cigarettes?? What’s wrong with a positive ID and arresting them on the street?

They completely dropped the ball again.

It cost an innocent man his life and will cost the tax payers MILLIONS of dollars. Go team

Gitchi Gummi

Heard that the guy they were after moved from this address and they guy that got shot just moved in. Bad orders from someone. Feel bad for that cop.

Classic.. you feel bad for the cop? what about the innocent guy who was murdered? Only one of them gets to continue on with life.

Different strokes for different folks.

castle-rock-clown

This reminds me of David Koresh(sp) from the Branch Davidian. He and his buddies would go into town several times a week. They could have scooped him up easy peasy. Instead they had to flex their muscle and raid the place…and we all know how that turned out for both sides.

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

Wouldn’t a little surveillance have been helpful in this situation??

Whatever happened to a good old fashioned police stake out in an unmarked car with coffee and five packs of cigarettes?? What’s wrong with a positive ID and arresting them on the street?

They completely dropped the ball again.

It cost an innocent man his life and will cost the tax payers MILLIONS of dollars. Go team

I had this exact conversation with BW over the weekend. Sit outside, positive ID, then take him down. Gotta be easier and safer to grab him walking out of the door then busting in.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

It was tragic and avoidable. That said, it happened. Awareness is being spread.
    Protests, riots and violence are not the answer to every single solitary incident in that sector..

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

This one is simply a mess. No other way to put it other than the Police messed up. I’m normally a big defender of the police. Not in this case. To me this is a far bigger mistake by the police than George Floyd or the Kim Potter situation. In both of those cases the person shot was a criminal who was resisting arrest. This is a mistake on a whole different level.

Ripjiggen

Who is reporting riots and violence. Protest about and innocent person being killed…how dare they…

Brent Siebenaler

This one is simply a mess. No other way to put it other than the Police messed up. I’m normally a big defender of the police. Not in this case. To me this is a far bigger mistake by the police than George Floyd or the Kim Potter situation. In both of those cases the person shot was a criminal who was resisting arrest. This is a mistake on a whole different level.

George Floyd wasn’t shot.

As for the rest…. something tells me if U of M police start shooting frat boys fleeing underage drinking parties under the “comply or die” mantra some folks are going to be flip flopping like a fresh caught crappie laying on the ice lol.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Bottom line… responcablity, If you had took responcabity for your actions there wouldn’t be a warrent in the first place. this kid lost his life becuse spmeone didn’t take resposnablity for their past action, seems like most of these shooting stem from that.

Can you please elaborate? What sort of actions should Amir Locke have taken responsibility for?

buck-slayer

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>buck-slayer wrote:</div>

Classic.. you feel bad for the cop? what about the innocent guy who was murdered? Only one of them gets to continue on with life.

Different strokes for different folks.

Yes my bad for not mentioning that.

404 ERROR
    MN

Meh. It sucks but I would have done the exact same in that situation, regardless of what side I was on, so I cannot pass judgement on either parties actions. Watched the video many times. NKW’s are awful. Why is it ok for an officer to eliminate a threat outside of a NKW if a gun is reached for, but not in this instance?…Double standard. Best fix, ban NKW’s all together…Agree with it or not, they were doing the job they were told to do…another stark reality why so many are leaving LE…

Let the roasting begin. Just stating my opinion.

castle-rock-clown

The cops are going to get fried on this one, but what about the judge that signed it? Maybe if they were held accountable, there would be more scrutiny before signing off on these.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

but what about the judge that signed it?

I thought about that earlier too. Who is the judge that signed off on the no-knock search warrant to begin with? Additionally, I’m sure a supervising officer or the chief had a say in this too.

Regardless, I have a feeling that these types of search warrants will be coming to an end…

Ripjiggen

The search warrants and underlying affidavits related to a January St. Paul murder case remain sealed, however a source with knowledge of the investigation confirms to KARE 11 that Hennepin County Judge Peter Cahill signed off on the no-knock warrant MPD used to enter the apartment.
    Judge Cahill became a prominent judicial figure nationally as he presided over the murder trial of Derek Chauvin, the former Minneapolis police officer ultimately convicted of murdering George Floyd.

Beast

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Beast wrote:</div>

Can you please elaborate? What sort of actions should Amir Locke have taken responsibility for?

Not the kid that was shoot, but they guy that had the warrent out on him, If he had taken reposiablity for his warrent, we wouldn’t even be having this conversation.
    they keep balling the kid shot a child, how oid do you have to be before you are no longer a child?:???:

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

<George Floyd wasn’t shot.

Never said he was. Just said in that case a police officer was at least attempting to arrest a know criminal who was resisting arrest. In this case the party was not even a criminal and had no idea what he was resisting if resisting anything at all. If I get woke up by several people yelling and screaming while pointing guns at me and I have a gun in my hand I’d most likely draw and point my firearm at the individuals as well. As a law abiding citizen I would never even thing that people barging into my home with Guns pointing would be the police looking for someone else or in the incorrect home.

Hot Runr Guy
    West Chicago, IL

Never said he was. Just said in that case a police officer was at least attempting to arrest a know criminal who was resisting arrest. In this case the party was not even a criminal and had no idea what he was resisting if resisting anything at all. If I get woke up by several people yelling and screaming while pointing guns at me and I have a gun in my hand I’d most likely draw and point my firearm at the individuals as well. As a law abiding citizen I would never even thing that people barging into my home with Guns pointing would be the police looking for someone else or in the incorrect home.

Do you often sleep on the couch holding your handgun? This is the part that confounds me.

HRG

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Do you often sleep on the couch holding your handgun? This is the part that confounds me.

Ya know HRG, I hear what your saying. But it’s a moot point. I take naps with my holster on. Some may think that’s crazy. The FW asked my what I have so many mags in my truck the other day. “You think you’re going to needed them?” It’s not against the law and I actually have target rounds in them.

What bothered me about the video is that they didn’t show (or I haven’t seen) what happened after the freeze frame that shows the hand gun coming out from under the covers with his finger IN THE SAFETY position (not on the trigger). Now I know I can see that in the video and I doubt anyone was looking for that at the scene, but where did the weapon actually get pointed after that?

It’s a shame the fella was shot and I’m afraid the officer will relive those few seconds for a very long time.

Sorry, I couldn’t read all this post yet.

Ripjiggen

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>fishthumper wrote:</div>

HRG

Why do yo care what he or anyone else does inside their own home.
    Sometimes I like to walk around naked with a cowboy style holster and sing show tunes.
    I don’t bother anyone but my dog. So what?

Hot Runr Guy
    West Chicago, IL

Why do yo care what he or anyone else does inside their own home.
    Sometimes I like to walk around naked with a cowboy style holster and sing show tunes.
    I don’t bother anyone but my dog. So what?

You are correct, I absolutely do not care what people do in their own homes. But, if he doesn’t wake-up holding a handgun, is he alive today, and we have no idea who Amir Locke is?

The visual you described is going to stay with me for a while,,,,

HRG

Ripjiggen

If the cops don’t go in unannounced until after they entered the residence with guns drawn and he heard instead “police search warrant open up or we are breaking the door down” is he alive today.

Viewing 30 posts - 31 through 60 (of 98 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.