septic system question

• onestout
    Hudson, WI

I agree with nails, get a drain clearing service out there to run a camera down and see what is going on. Home inspections are not that thorough, my drainfield was bad and they didn’t catch that.

David Patrick

@nailswi
    Unfortunately, there is no cleanout, but thank you for the help.

thank you everyone for all the help, i guess i am just gonna need to get someone out here to take a look down there and go from there.
    i do appreciate it.

nailswi
    Waunakee, WI

should be a cleanout in one of the plumbing stacks in the lower level

sorgy

In Lino Lakes, Anoka County, MN you need to have septic tanks pumped and inspected every 3 years. We put a mound system in back in 1997 and added 2 1000 gallon tanks after our existing 1500 gallon tank. The last one is for the lift pump into the mound system.

In reading the earlier posts. 1) the previous owner probably has had the same issue. 2) I believe in getting some professional help. Its a shi**y deal (pun intended) but worth it to never worry about it- remember the Winter is coming any more issues will only become harder to deal with.
    Good Luck
    Steve

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

FYI – I have my Septic pumping/service company on speed dial. waytogo

CaptainMusky

I have been having trouble with my septic the last couple years. Do you have any trees anywhere remotely close to the tank? THat is part of my problem as there is a couple trees relatively close and the roots are clogging up the inlet into the holding tank. I have been using Copper Sulfate every few months and fingers crossed it has been fine since this Spring. Unfortunately I am thinking I need to just cut down the one tree. Its a real nice Red Maple that provides a lot of shade for my son’s bedroom which is upstairs on the South side of the house and would be a real cooker in there otherwise.

nailswi
    Waunakee, WI

I have been having trouble with my septic the last couple years. Do you have any trees anywhere remotely close to the tank? THat is part of my problem as there is a couple trees relatively close and the roots are clogging up the inlet into the holding tank. I have been using Copper Sulfate every few months and fingers crossed it has been fine since this Spring. Unfortunately I am thinking I need to just cut down the one tree. Its a real nice Red Maple that provides a lot of shade for my son’s bedroom which is upstairs on the South side of the house and would be a real cooker in there otherwise.

Take down the tree or dig and replace the sewer with PVC piping. Tree roots will not infiltrate PVC like it does cast iron piping.

sji

Sorry to say but after to many years of installing and servicing on site systems the only way to find the problem is hire a professional. There are dozens of things that could be the problem. As far as to much paper? I raised three girls plus my wife. You would not believe the amount of paper we went through and never once was paper a issue. Soapsuds, tree roots, low spots, burs on the edge of pipes and yes have even dug diapers out of pipes. How long since the tank has been pumped? Would be the first thing to do if its been more than 3 years. Can be as simple as to much scum on top side of tank. Have even been on those great projects that we had to take the top off the tank and dig out the solids with a backhoe it was so hard.

Good luck.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Sorry to say but after to many years of installing and servicing on site systems the only way to find the problem is hire a professional. There are dozens of things that could be the problem. As far as to much paper? I raised three girls plus my wife. You would not believe the amount of paper we went through and never once was paper a issue. Soapsuds, tree roots, low spots, burs on the edge of pipes and yes have even dug diapers out of pipes. How long since the tank has been pumped? Would be the first thing to do if its been more than 3 years. Can be as simple as to much scum on top side of tank. Have even been on those great projects that we had to take the top off the tank and dig out the solids with a backhoe it was so hard.

Good luck.

That was my house – We eat alotta cheese.

Don Meier
    Butternut Wisconsin

Oh boy brings back memories ! Things to check vent stacks are open, pull lid visually inspect solids side and water side . Solids filter is supposed to be cleaned regularly. Biggest difference for me started using Bio Tech bacteria once a month . No problems since . Also do not use antibacterial soaps .

TH

Everyone write down Septic Works LLC and remember to not give them a penny of business for being so annoying and advertising is a sneaky manner. We all like this place as it’s free of pop ups and advertising.

Tell all your friends too. Until this clown leaves us alone or has something hunting or fishing related to discuss.

castle-rock-clown

If your going several times a day and it’s a 365 day a year issue, I would invest in a bidet. You’ll cut down on your tp usage immensely.

Viewing 12 posts - 31 through 42 (of 42 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.