Seeking Boat Owner to Join Us in Ontario on August 3rd 2024

• David Woodcock

Have a unique situation. Need a boat and seat for my buddy for week at Halley’s Camps, Caribou Falls, English River. Can fish with us all week and happy to reduce camp fee if you are willing to join us, we are coming from NW Iowa and crossing at Baudette, if you or someone you know might be interested, I am happy to visit. Thanks for considering Dave

B-man

You had me until you said you’re from Iowa mrgreen

Just kidding Dave, hope you find something that works out, and good luck fishing!

David Woodcock

Thanks for reviewing, wondering where home is for you? Hope you have great fishing also.

CaptainMusky

There are no bullheads in Ontario! LOL This is a great offer for someone. You will find someone.

B-man

You are so much welcome for me reviewing you David Woodcock.

David Woodcock

First – Thanks for responding, you would have wear on your vehicle and boat, we could share 1/2 of vehicle fuel cost from where we meet to camp, and for your help, we could cover 50% of your camp cost, your share estimated between $500 and $600, and we could fish together or show you spots until you are comfortable fishing on your own. Thanks

David Woodcock

Don – I am new to this platform, wondering if you received my reply to your questions. Thanks Dave

David Woodcock

Don – not sure if you got my trip cost reply, We will share vehicle fuel cost from wherever we meet you, trip costs for (food, bait, lodge, boat fuel) runs around $1,100 per person, again happy to discount trip costs by 50%, for joining us and allowing fishing buddy to fish with you.

Again, please let me know that I answered all your questions. Thanks Dave

michael keehr

If this doesn’t work for don I may be interested. How many day trip is this. Not familiar with English river at all. Is this primarily a walleye trip.

David Woodcock

Thank you, I will keep you posted. It is a one day trip, arrive in camp Sat night and leave the next Sat morning, Also, primary walleye fishing, we do get a few nice Northerns and Smallie’s. That portion of the river is a 2 fish conservation area.. Thanks again. Dave

David Woodcock

Michael – trip does not work out for Don so below is the reply I sent to Don. Let me know what you think and hope you can join us,

I am struggling with this platform, just lost the almost complete message I was typing, so please bear with me, Ages are 35 to 85. I am an open book. This yr our 3 boys are going, so my boat is full, 2nd boat has invited 2 relatives so that boat is full, and so I need your boat with seat for my 85 yr fishing buddy, He always fishes with me, but this yr our boys are going, He is a great fisherman but has eyesight issues,
    We travel Hwy 71 to Hwy 72 to Baudette, we could meet up anywhere along the route, We drive to camp in one day, Lv IA at 5 AM, get to Baudette at 1:30, hope to be in Canada by 2 PM, then 200 miles (5 hrs,) to camp and hope to be in camp by 7 PM and lauch the boats before dark, maybe 15 miles of gravel to camp.
    I have 1 beds open for you in the cabin, cabin sleeps 9, no bunk beds,
    I will bring all the food, cooking equipment, camp has minnows, I will get nightcrawlers at Sioux Narrows, camp has boat fuel, I will pay all the bills and bill everyone after the trip for their share of the costs,
    We like to pull crawler harnesses with 3/8 oz bottom bouncers, but jigging works also, Last Aug was our best trip, with 4 in the boat, we had our 1st 100 fish day and 501 walleyes for the week. We fish around 6 to 10 miles from camp, been going there since 2010, have about 25 – 30 spots to fish, we could fish together or separate if you feel comfortable. Most of our fish come from 12 feet of water or less, My 26″ last yr was in 3 ft, of water, my son’s 26 ” was in 4 foot of water, Halley’s Caribou Falls, English River, Umfreville Lake was 50 ft deep before they built the dam (3 blocks from camp) and flooded 60 ft. of timber, so even after 70 yrs, lake is very snaggy, no pulling cranks,, Even pull harnesses, we lose a lot of tackle, but will share our secrets with you. Again, I am not leaving my fishing buddy at the dock, so discounting the trip for you to join us and allowing my friend to fish with you. We like the place so much that some of us are headed to Halley’s on June 22md, first time in June and plan on only jigging, Sure hope this helps, I will do everything possible to make your trip enjoyable if you join us. Happy to keep sharing if interested,, We would sure want to visit by phone in the future, I am retired and 73, Whatever you decide, please reply that you at least received the message. Thanks and hope to visit more soon, Fish Ooonnnn !! Dave

michael keehr

Thanks for the reply David. I was hoping this would be a 4 or 5 day trip. I have a commitment on that Friday that I need to fly out for Thursday night so this will not work for me. Good luck sounds like a blast

David Woodcock

Michael – Thanks for considering and I understand, safe travels, do you know of anyone else that might be interested ?? Enjoy the weekend. Dave

michael keehr

I don’t know of anyone else. You may still get interest here

David Woodcock

Thanks again, had a couple hopeful guys but just did not work out. Thanks again. Dave

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.