Scotty or Cannon?

• Ty Kennedy

Hi all, just looking for some real world reviews on Scotty or Cannon electric downriggers. Also wondering if they can be mounted in a track system while in use and then unplugged/removed from the boat if I did not want to use them? Thanks much

mojogunter

I have cannon electric and have had good luck with them. Yes they can mount in a track system and easily removed when not needed.

trytoofish
    sw Mn.

I have had cannon mag’s for 20 years. zero issues. just recently upgraded to the Cannon Optimums.. They are Sweet!!! quiet, Smooth

Gitchi Gummi

ford/chevy. All comes down to personal preference. Both work great and will last a long time.

mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

Parts and service in your area…
    Yes they both are track friendly.

B-man

Both are great riggers, I’ve owned and ran them both.

I prefer the Scotty HP’s myself for a few reasons, but mainly because they are a lot faster than the Cannons which is nice if you’re fishing 100’+ with 15# plus balls.

The tip-up booms are nice feature with them too.

My only gripe about Scottys is the end roller on the boom can ice up and jam the beads for the autostop in really cold temps.

Whatever riggers you end up getting, I highly recommend buying ball snubbers to help take some of the shock off of everything, especially with Cannons for how quick they come to a stop.

Scotty parts are harder to come by locally, but their service and Lifetime Warranty is outstanding.

This spring I had a buddy trip/slip and break a rod holder right off the rigger by falling on it.

After a quick call to Scotty they sent a free replacement under the lifetime warranty even though it was an accidental incident.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.