Scheels got me again…

• Craig Sery
    Bloomington, MN

Stopped in to buy some lindy rig sinkers and they happened to have a St Croix Avid 7’ MF spinning rod, paired it with a 2500 Fuego. Now I’m looking forward to opener

BCNeal
    Bloomington, MN

I love they put that new Scheels near us in Eden Prairie. We finally have a store near us that has everything a fisherman needs. Sure beats driving to any of the Cabela’s or Fleet Farms.

Joe Scegura
    Alexandria MN

I like Scheels too but my last trip to Cabelas in Rogers was very good. Great service (actually knew the products) and they had what I needed. It was quite a surprise.

Youbetcha
    Anoka County

I will always make the extra drive to go to scheels. Love that place.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

I was burning some time at the closest Scheels on a rainy day a couple weeks ago while waiting for an appointment. I ended up walking out with a 10/22 for my nephew in what was one of the quickest, smoothest transactions ever. That place has it figured out.

Deuces

Joe’s or Thorne’s has been calling my name lately.

Scheels had a panfish combo last trip.

rjthehunter
    Brainerd

Scheels is by far the best sporting goods retail store ever. They have the best selection of hunting/fishing and the people actually know what they’re talking about.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I don’t care for the fact that they remove most of their open water fishing tackle and replace it with ice fishing stuff in the fall/winter. I went there last October looking for muskie stuff and it was completely gone. They lost my business that day.

Youbetcha
    Anoka County

I went there last October looking for muskie stuff and it was completely gone. They lost my business that day.

I will add that no one can beat throne bros in the musky world.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I will add that no one can beat throne bros in the musky world.

I won’t argue that. They just expanded too so its much bigger there.

Aboxy17

Fleet farm and Cabelas inventory compared to last year is crazy. Shelves were completely full in almost every section at fleet farm last time I went in.

Brittman

Scheels is simply the best. They also will ship for free if $50 or more (some days no minimum). It always shows up at our house in 2-3 days max.

Scheels is really good on ice fishing gear.

Scheels really works with the top shelf custom guys also. Most of the small custom shops can sell at Scheels if they chose to lose that margin. It is nice to be able to hold some of these products in your hand.

Fleet Farm is fine and close by, but they stock shelves once maybe twice and then when it is gone, it is gone.

Mike m

Cabelas was crossed off my list when bass pro drug them down , Fleet Farm , meh , never was impressed. Scheels customer service is top notch , always have what I want and then some

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

My first Scheels experience was alright. Me and a buddy went down to the EP store on a Saturday morning and it was a zoo, had to ask were the fishing dept actually was, 2nd floor by the way. I did like the selection and the staff seemed ok. Just was expecting to have my mind blown from the talk about them. If one was closer to me I would go at a different time. Thorne bros is awesome, also if your in the area don’t forget Capras too. No ferris wheel though if that matters.

Deuces

Same here John. There must be better Scheels out there I guess. EP store isn’t epic, very nice, but I’d still take Rogers cabelas. But I don’t look at the hunting stuff, or things that go pew pew, or stabby stab.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

There must be better Scheels out there I guess. EP store isn’t epic, very nice, but I’d still take Rogers cabelas.

X2

Have no issue with Scheels, just to be clear. Just think they’re a little over hyped.

Stanley

I shop the St. Cloud scheels all the time. I think it’s a nice store with a good selection. Then I made the mistake of stopping at the Fargo scheels this winter when we were up that way and that store is amazing compared to the St. Cloud. So much bigger and even more of a selection and brands. I think it all depends on what scheels you go to as far as selection but for local to me outdoor stores scheels is my first stop.

JasonP
    Twin Cities

Stopped in to buy some lindy rig sinkers and they happened to have a St Croix Avid 7’ MF spinning rod, paired it with a 2500 Fuego. Now I’m looking forward to opener

sounds like an awesome combo!

Jake D
    Watertown, SD

Scheels is great. I think they are one of the best out there for sporting goods. Always have what I need. On the other hand, if you ever want to make a good day turn bad really fast. Stop into the fleet farm in Sioux Falls.

Craig Sery
    Bloomington, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Craig Sery wrote:</div>

sounds like an awesome combo!

Thanks Jason! Been thinking about it for some time, it feels sweet in my hand, now just waiting for the thump

tomr
    cottage grove, mn

I love Scheels online ordering. Super fast! Was impressed with the Rochester store when stopped there. Eden Prairie store not so much.

walleyevision

Scheels is great but for a NE metro guy never make it there. Go to Thorne bros the most because my kids are at super rink all the time. I love it there, but they are definitely more expensive than every other place in the cities.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.