First Salmon

• Doug Bonwell
    Cedar Falls IA

Here’s my daughters first Salmon. While fishing the NTC last week in the Soo and trolling for walleye we came across this big girl. If you were anywhere in Lake George I’m sure you heard her yelling! 10# lb test on a spinner rig.

chomps
    Sioux City IA

Oh my!

mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

Quite a bonus fish.
    Hope it made it into the box.

mudneck_joe
    SE MN

Where did you catch that beast. Amazing Fish

drew-evans
    rochester MN

awesome! i was hoping to come across a “samanoid” as one of our freinds were calling them, while i was up there pre fishing for the ntc as well. what a giant must have been quite the high when you guys landed that!!

Doug Bonwell
    Cedar Falls IA

The fish was caught by Sault Ste Marie, MI in Lake George. Unfortunately I didn’t get a Salmon stamp so I let it go after 20 minutes of reviving it. We could have fought a second one at the same time as I set my back pole down between the motors and suddenly we had a hook up on a Rap f-13, it about got the rod and reel too. I just grab the line and let it snap. My daughter and I had a great trip and memories forever.

John Schultz
    Inactive
    Portage, WI

Based on the shape of its jaw, I believe that fish should be addressed as a he. Looks pretty hook jawed, which happens to males before they do their fall death march. Sweet fish.

Doug Bonwell
    Cedar Falls IA

Here’s a picture with me. Same fish. But this time it’s a male. (Thanks John)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.