Safari Club International Show

• TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Forum member Tegg and I just got back from the annual Safari Club International show. This year it was in Reno again, next year it’s back to Vegas.

I can’t say enough about how great this show is if you’re looking for any hunting trip, anywhere in the world. We spoke with outfitters from everywhere. Africa, South America, Australia, New Zealand, Greenland, Europe, and of course the US and Canada. There is every type of hunting outfitter, gear, and gun company you can imagine.

It’s not just about big game hunting either. There are outfitters offering bird hunting on 6 continents. A huge selection.

The size of this show is mind-blowing. We did 2 full days at the convention and we had to rush the last 2 hours to at least get through the last big “hall”, but we didn’t see it all even in 2 days where we were there 9 to 5. It is HUGE.

Highly recommended!

Bonus question See attached picture. Yes, it’s absolutely a REAL animal. Name that species.

Grouse

Attachments:
    1. SCI001.jpg

Dennis Williams
    Apple Valley, MN

It’s a wolf hybrid. They’re a fairly new species. They just roam into a deer herd and pick one off.

BDR

Water deer.

Timmy

Muntjac?

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Big shows are tough if your looking to browse. Great concept though to have such a variety to see.

Like shot show, I feel for the dealers that want to look around. I think the average to walk through shot in the week is about 8 seconds per booth. So for every minute you stop at a booth, you’ll need to skip 7 booths

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.