Ryder Cup

• Pete S

what a day for golf and I’m a casual fan at best. Watching westwood choke those three putts was incredible. I didn’t rewind his last short one that he pushed but there was a very audible “noonan” from the crowd and it may have come before he hit the ball. Hoping that’s not the case

steve-fellegy
    Resides on the North Shores of Mille Lacs--guiding on Farm Island these days

WOW! Just WOW!! Haven’t missed a hole on the TV and won’t today…

steve-fellegy

One would hope for today that the “fans” are NOT a topic of discussion in the end….

These same people acting like jerks( at all sports venues) are parents–and wonder why kids nowadays act like disrespectful jerks?
    I have never had sympathy for my opponent during any competition. But never have been openly disrespectful in a public setting as these jerks seem to think is acceptable…embarrassing to say the least. JERKS! IDIOTS!!

Pete S

One would hope for today that the “fans” are NOT a topic of discussion in the end….

These same people acting like jerks( at all sports venues) are parents–and wonder why kids nowadays act like disrespectful jerks?
    I have never had sympathy for my opponent during any competition. But never have been openly disrespectful in a public setting as these jerks seem to think is acceptable…embarrassing to say the least. JERKS! IDIOTS!!

Reading more on this topic today is unreal. Apparently a bunch of the spoiled, entitled country clubbers who were really obnoxious growing up haven’t changed a bit.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Doesn’t it always happen at Ryder Cups? It’s a completely different decorum compared to a tour eveny?

munchy
    NULL

I guess I’m confused… how are they being disrespected???

I watched a couple hours yesterday and I mostly just heard cheering when Europe misses a putt, goes into the sand, etc. If that is disrespectful then you best not go to a baseball, football, hockey, basketball, or soccer game…

These are grown adults of the highest caliber in golf… I think they can take a little bit of ribbing. Especially for a tournament with absolutely no prize money involved. Acting like that during a tournament like the Masters or US Open is a completely different story.

You’ll always get the obnoxious drunks making a fool of themselves in every event you encounter. And they should always be booted immediately.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

And I am pretty sure all the competitors know the atmosphere going in. Both teams feed off it, whether you are being cheered or heckled.

Of course there are limits to the rooting still that can be over stepped.

bigpike

I watched golf once or twice. I think the tourney was called Happy Gilmore? It was pretty funny but after that I lost interest except for a tourney called Caddyshack. Other than that I would rather watch paint dry than watch golf. Why are the anouncers who are no were near the action always whispering?

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

My brother is in the crowd somewhere today.

bigpike

It is somewhat refreshing to have a sports discussion on this sight that does not include the Vikings, Twins, Wild or Timber puppy’s……

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

It is somewhat refreshing to have a sports discussion on this sight that does not include the Vikings, Twins, Wild or Timber puppy’s……

Nobody talks about the Wolves………ever.

steve-fellegy

My oh my….EVERY hole/putt/drive/chip is like having a $50K walleye 6″ from the net rim on 4lb. test in 4 ft. waves and having it make a hard run…back-reeling one more time …..oh my!!!!!

Well–not quite but kinda?? LOL

steve-fellegy

My oh my….EVERY hole/putt/drive/chip is like having a $50K walleye 6″ from the net rim on 4lb. test in 4 ft. waves and having it make a hard run…back-reeling one more time …..oh my!!!!!

Well–not quite but kinda?? LOL

Okay…a look at the scoreboard(live well)–now it’s time to make sure you don’t screw this up—you have the “right ones”. Calculate the ride time/conditions back to weigh-in. Make sure you leave enough extra time for some rare and unlikely issue to be resolved. No mistake–and the deposit slip can be made out!! GO U.S.A.!! Deep breaths…GO U.S.A.!!

You’re right … I am NUTS!! LOL

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Passion & nuts might be the same thing. grin

catmando
    wis

It was great! A win yes. But the 7 th ranked player in the World left off the team. I just don’t get it.

steve-fellegy

It was great! A win yes. But the 7 th ranked player in the World left off the team. I just don’t get it.

Obviously, it was a great choice by the entire U.S. regime to have him work with the players…as they credited him with much of the “team” success. Bubba was quoted at the end saying this was the GREATEST day in his golf career! ( bigger than two Masters wins!)

The TEAM won…no “I” ( or Bubba) in this group!

Hunting24seven

What an awesome day today. The crowd was insane, the atmosphere was top notch. Went in not knowing what to expect but with 12 groups on the course all at once the crowd was very spread out and I was able to move freely around and get within touching distance of the pros in some cases. Watching Rory and Reed go at it was awesome. Absolutely an experience of a lifetime. U.S.A!

catmando
    wis

You have yours, I have mine, Bubba should have been picked.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Bubba during the interview had tears in his eyes he was so proud.

Viewing 19 posts - 31 through 49 (of 49 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.