Ryder Cup

• Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

I guess this is a pretty big deal in the golfing community. Is anyone going? I heard 50,000 per day are expected!

Reports and photo’s might be interesting for us non-golfers

Hunting24seven

Ill be there Sunday. Should be a blast! Ill definitely be taking a bunch of pics when possible

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Going Friday, My buddy went on Tuesday and said it took 4 hours to get from Canterberry to the Course on the shuttle. UGH!

deertracker

My cousin was there yesterday. Not sure about today. Been send me some pretty good Snapchat pics.
    DT

steve-fellegy
    Resides on the North Shores of Mille Lacs--guiding on Farm Island these days

Glued to the TV coverage….no doubt the Golf event of the year!

big_g
    Isle, MN

this is where they grind it out.. nobody gets “paid” technically, to win this event, but they all want to do the best they can. Also they take more “risks” I believe in this format, you can truly see some amazing shots ! smash

slipbob_nick
    Princeton, MN

Was there Tuesday. Quite the experience. Kind of like its own world or own city. Celebrity tournament was cool to see. Kurt Russell was a good golfer.
    Luckily had a parking pass herd it was a long wait via shuttle service.

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

After being there during practice rounds I would much rather watch at home. Large crowds around the players make it difficult to see anything. Watching from the field may be exciting during the actual match would be fun, just not sure I would be able to run from hole to hole with the large crowds.
    I Was there as a Volunteer, the crowd march to the bus exits after the event was done was overwhelming. It took a 1 hr bus ride from Hazeltine to Valleyfair and a 1.5 hr drive home.

Attachments:
    1. image-53.jpeg

2. image-52.jpeg

3. image-51.jpeg

hunterjoe
    Twin Cities

Was there yesterday. Actually more fun being there than I expected. Parked right behind the 15th green and watched 3 groups come in. We were right in line with where their approach shots and saw Jordan stick one about 4′ then Snedecker hit the stick on the fly. Couple really, really great shots there. Also, Reed hit one that looked like it was going into the grandstand to my left only to draw about 100′ and end up just past the pin. I was amazed at how far that ball moved. Like the commercial, “these guys are good.” Then the Euro group game through after those two groups and were underwhelming. Good sign for the weekend! I will be back out there Saturday.

Rick Janssen

I HAD tickets for today, but I was a nice uncle and gave mine to my nephew who is hear visiting from CA and is HUGE golf fan. I was shocked the hear that they closed the schools for the WEEK!!

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

I was shocked the hear that they closed the schools for the WEEK!!

I hate the way the news reports this. While it is true they closed school, they started classes a week early knowing this week they would be off.

-J.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I believe in this format, you can truly see some amazing shots !

Match play is a lot of fun to watch.

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

People traveling from all over the world to watch. I met some folks who traveled up from California to watch.

rschmidty

I’ll be going tomorrow. Golf’s best event by far. Atmosphere will be a lot of fun and much different from typical tournament atmospheres where people are mostly reserved.

Also, a friend of mine was heckling some European players during the practice round today about not being able to make a put. They called him out and had him try the put and drained it. Good stuff!

steve-fellegy

WOW!! That “Opening Ceremony” makes one proud…to be a golf fan as well as an American. The CLASS of the world….as people/citizens first–above being the best of golf.

WOW!

ERIKJ
    Chaska, MN

Steve nailed it. That opening ceremony was emotional many levels including Patriotism, Golf and The Palmer effect. Being a golf fan and living in Chaska this is an incredible experience. My son,age 15, caddies at Hazeltine and was fortunate enough to Caddy for Kurt Russell in the Ryder Celebrity event. He had a great time and had nothing but positive remarks about MR. Russell, of course I had to tell him about all great Movies before Miracle:) He had no idea who Snake Plisskin was…kids.

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>big_g wrote:</div>
    I believe in this format, you can truly see some amazing shots !

Match play is a lot of fun to watch.

Agree, alternate, best ball, very enjoyable to see the different formats and team scoring.

Go USA!

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Had to pass up tix to go today. Living in Chaska I was expecting it to negatively impact me more, but hasn’t been a problem at all just a lot more buses coming and going. That ND guy knocking down the putt was awesome!

Evan Pheneger
    Hastings, MN

I live in Shakopee a few blocks from Cantebury. I have never seen so many buses in my life ha. Every morning at around 6am there had to be between 200-400 buses (coach and yellow) sitting just about anywhere they can idle off HWY101. Luckily its the opposite way I commute but its pretty incredible to see. Today was definitely the busiest, buses and cars were backed up on 101 all the way from 169.

munchy
    NULL

I live in Shakopee a few blocks from Cantebury. I have never seen so many buses in my life ha. Every morning at around 6am there had to be between 200-400 buses (coach and yellow) sitting just about anywhere they can idle off HWY101. Luckily its the opposite way I commute but its pretty incredible to see. Today was definitely the busiest, buses and cars were backed up on 101 all the way from 169.

At 6:30 this morning I went up to the roof of my building in Shakopee to check it out and took a panorama. I could see about a mile of it. Absolutely nuts with how many cars were out there. Southbound 169 was completely stopped.

Evan Pheneger
    Hastings, MN

Munchy….I would love to see the pic!

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I have been meaning to watch the video as I heard about it earlier yesterday. My mind didn’t paint it as it actually went down. Looks like it was all done in good fun and the Euros had a good time with it.

Evan Pheneger
    Hastings, MN

Looks like it was all done in good fun and the Euros had a good time with it.

I thought the same thing, but maybe its just because every time I hear about golf heckling I just think of Happy Gilmore…”You’re gonna miss this shot you JACKASS!!!”

However, I would guess this fan’s heckling was a little more light hearted or he would been booted.

erick
    Grand Meadow, MN

At the Ryder Cup there is no rules for the fans..you really got go beyond the limits to get the boot here.

FryDog62

“I love golf, it keeps thousands of unworthy people away from my favorite fishing spots…”

Unknown ~

roosterrouster
    Inactive
    The "IGH"...

USA up 4-0. That’s what cha’ call an arse’ kickin’! USA USA USA!!! woot woot woot …RR

steve-fellegy

Watched EVERY hole played today!! Wonderful…can’t wait for another GREAT day tomorrow–and Sunday.

Al Case

I went Friday. Traffic was nuts, but I made it to Canterbury to take the bus with only an extra 30 minutes on the commute. It was virtually impossible to see much unless you got there when right away in the morning to grab a spot. But, it was a great experience anyway. My buddy and I left after the morning round and got in a round of our own at Links of Northfork in Ramsay. What a great day!
    I watched every minute of it today on TV and can’t wait for the final round tomorrow.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 49 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.