Ruger American .308

• Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Are these good rifles ? Are they accurate ? Does it deserve a good leupold scope? The neighbor just gave one to the kid for the lawn care he did all summer and dog poop duty. He has given the kid so much fishing equipment this summer it’s crazy but because Mason has also done some house sitting for him while he did his guide trips up north he just came and gifted him a ruger American in .308, I’m just deciding if I put a spendy scope on it or a middle of the road one. Thanks for any information

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

The American was Ruger’s play into the trend 15 or so years ago when manufacturers were racing to introduce great shooting rifles in the entry level price range.

I’ve gotten very good performance out of every American I’ve helped to set up. I like the solid feel of the American and the trigger is adjustable which is nice in an entry level platform. IME they are a solid 1.5 inch rifle with better potential if you find or build loads they like.

I don’t think good glass is ever wasted,

glenn57
    cold spring mn

i’m no help with the gun, but couldnt stop myself on commenting about your son BC. thats something to be dang nabit proud of that he takes jobs like that seriously!!!!!! yay peace

you should be proud of that young man!!!!!!

Mike Schulz
    Osakis/Long Prairie

you should be proud of that young man!!!!!!
    [/quote] 2nd that!!!

grubson
    Harris, Somewhere in VNP

Mason is wise beyond his years. He will undoubtedly go far.
    I’ve heard they are really good guns for their price point. Great all around caliber too.
    Unless you plan to get out west and take some longer shots i wouldn’t go too crazy on a scope. He is still a BOY after all. Good chance it’s gonna see some abuse.

deertracker

I won an American in 30-06 playing gun bingo. Bullets are touching at 100 yards. It’s become my favorite rifle.
    DT

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.