Row the Boat 2024

• lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

Ooof. Pretty much a classic MN game right there! doah

troutbum
    St. Paul

Will Fleckster do better than last year? Passing offense of 123 out of 130 teams, and 3rd down defense last year was 120th.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Good one Joe!

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Yup
    You and the Belle back together? whistling

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Apparently someone shot off the celebration fireworks even though the Tar Heels won. doah

stout93
    Becker MN

Not sure why he wanted it on the right hash again. He missed earlier from the right hash. Even the broadcaster was questioning why they ran to the right hash to set up the last FGA. That’s all on the Kicker….he just choked.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

47 yd FG with time expiring on opening night? I think that one’s forgiveable. The one in the first quarter from 27 isn’t. The odds of missing that are less than 1%. Ask Blair Walsh.

stout93
    Becker MN

He’s supposed to be an NFL caliber kicker.

So yes, the 47 yarder should have been made.

The other guy hit a 45 yarder to take the lead with under 2 minutes remaining. That dude was 4/4 on FGA…while our guy was 1/3, that was the difference in the game.

JEREMY
    BP

I fell asleep after Johnsons leg fell off. Figured they would have won.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

The people need to give up the whole rah rah about Fleck. What’s important is the results on the field and in the classroom and he’s done both! RTB ski u mah and go gophers!

To recap some of last night’s events in no particular order:

-The Gophers offense looks as bad or worse than it has been in recent years against a program that has a notoriously average or below average defense

-The Gophers took some procedural penalties that were clear mental mistakes

-The Gophers missed x2 FGs

-UNC had x4 new starters on their offensive line and a new QB, and then the QB got hurt thrusting the backup to the unproven new starter into the spotlight

-The fireworks guy lit the fireworks to celebrate a home opening loss against a UNC team that will have to scrap to be bowl eligible

…is PJ eligible for another extension and raise yet, or will Minnesota wait until next year to do that? coffee

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

LOL the contract extension talk will rear its head at some point, you know it will.

CaptainMusky

Kesich was rock solid last year WTF happened to him and why wasnt Darius Taylor playing? Our best RB who averaged like 150 a game and he is on the sideline? The offense did not look good, but it was a terrible game by both teams. I thought it was pretty neat that was Brad Johnsons kid at QB on the other side.

JEREMY
    BP

Taylor is apparently nursing the same hamstring injury from last season.

blackbay
    mn

Is it just me or is anyone else thinking that someone, say Sid Hartman because he was here when Minnesota was a first a state, ran over a gypsy and they cursed all Minnesota sports teams? doah flame redface frown

Why can’t we have anything nice?

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

Attachments:
    1. IMG_3682.jpeg

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

If the Gophers keep playing the way they have performed for the past 50 years they should easily be able to retain that crown.

troutbum
    St. Paul

Who is gonna be worse this season, the Gophers or the Vikings?

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

That might be pretty close. Vikings may have the slight edge given that they play 17 games and the Gophers play 12, or 13 if they make a bowl.

weedis
    Sauk Rapids, MN

Too bad the rodents didn’t have their future kicker on the team yet, could have used him Thursday. The kid from Alex tied a state record with a 54 yard field goal, I believe he is a future gopher anyway.

CaptainMusky

Surprisingly enough the gophers are taking care of business today. Huge favorites and they are blowing them away. Haven’t event crossed mid field I don’t think. That Perich from Esko got his first pick. He’s a stud!

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I wouldn’t put much stock into beating up on Rhode Island at home. The same should occur next week against Nevada at home.

Stiffer tests await starting week 4.

Netguy
    Minnetonka

Dragan, the kicker, needs to fix that draw.

CaptainMusky

I wouldn’t put much stock into beating up on Rhode Island at home. The same should occur next week against Nevada at home.

Stiffer tests await starting week 4.

Um bowling green? We’ve been favored big time before and got beat at home I’ll take it. Was a slow start but they turned it up. Yes this isn’t the best competition but if you double the spread that’s good. Got a bunch of true freshmen in too and they looked great Perich and Lindsey.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

And my Fighting Irish paid Northern Illinois $1.4M to come into South Bend and win. Seems like increasingly teams in CFB and the NFL are not well prepared to start the season. Gotta survive the first few weeks and then see what you got.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Where’s Dutchboy on this? Thought for sure he would chimed in by now with his smoke and mirrors rhetoric.

big_g
    Isle, MN

I am thinking the Gophers would have beat Michigan Saturday.. if they both played as they did. coffee

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

Did anyone notice what The Huskers did to old Deion and his whole family on Saturday night? I don’t want to get too excited but looks like the ol’ Huskers have themselves a QB and a coach might be back!

GO BIG RED!!!

Viewing 30 posts - 61 through 90 (of 93 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.