Minnesotas most rare sucker

• timschmitz
    Waconia MN

I got this blue sucker down on pool 2 on sunday I would have had no idea that it was the rarest sucker in the state if it wouldent have been for my boat partner for the day Jermey Liebig. Jermey said hes never seen one before and he loves fishing roush fish. I’m pretty sure if he hadent been there i would have just shook it off my line and they must be rare because Jeremy said he’d trade a 10lb eye to catch a blue sucker. I’m waiting on a call back from the DNR to let them know where i got it since Jermey said it was important to let them know i had caught one. Mabey if Jermey sees this he can post the link with all the cool Blue Sucker info.

jeremy-liebig
    mpls

Tim-
    I’d take one of those over a 50″ Skllunge! You are one lucky dude.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I am going to say it. It sure is a pretty fish.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

Dude! That is the holy grail! F-ing sweet!!! What a beautiful fish

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

Quote:

It sure is a pretty fish.

Sure does got a purdy mouth…

riverwrat
    Hastings/ Northfeild,MN

We caught 2 back to back on P4 Sunday in FYB tourney! But we had no idea what they were ? They hit Hutchs hog jigging spoons and we rolled some more in the next 50 ft!! And there is no way i would rather catch one of those over a Whitetail!!!!

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

Quote:

And there is no way i would rather catch one of those over a Whitetail!!!!

I would rather catch just about any species that swims in MN waters than a walleye

roughfish29
    farmington/northfield mn

fish of a lifetime!! hughe congrats!

Great White
    Vinton, Iowa

That is a cool fish–congrats

–Whitey

rfisher
    St. Cloud, MN

Congrats! Nice fish.

sauger
    Hastings ,MN

Quote:

Quote:

And there is no way i would rather catch one of those over a Whitetail!!!!

I would rather catch just about any species that swims in MN waters than a walleye

Thats just what people say that can’t catch them

timschmitz
    Waconia MN

Quote:

Did you let it go after the photo?

Yep right back into the river now I’m thinking that might have been a mistake at one time they were called sweet suckers

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

Quote:

…says the guy with the buffalo for an avatar

sauger
    Hastings ,MN

Quote:

Quote:

…says the guy with the buffalo for an avatar

Thats just to fit in with you guys

outdoors4life
    Stillwater, MN

Walleye are a dime a dozen introduced to every body of water that people want to catch wet socks.(River walleyes are different)

Blue suckers are making a comeback and doing quite well. In Wisconsin the are protected and you may not keep them. Once you learn about the diversity of fish we have in MN it catches you like a bug and you want to catch them all!

castandblast
    Eau Claire, WI

That is a very cool catch. I have been after one of those for years now. I think I would give up a body part to catch one of them.

So can you tell us what exactly you caught it on? And did it inhale your bait or was it incidentally snagged. I don’t mean to discredit your catch but I am really curious what their feeding habits are like. At this time of year they may be feeding more actively because their main food source is non-existant.

Congrats!!!! Very cool indeed!!!

deertracker

I first thought this was gong to be a joke post about BK. Congrats on the catch.
    DT

TROUTMAN
    S.E.Minnesota

Quote:

That is a very cool catch. I have been after one of those for years now. I think I would give up a body part to catch one of them.

So can you tell us what exactly you caught it on? And did it inhale your bait or was it incidentally snagged. I don’t mean to discredit your catch but I am really curious what their feeding habits are like. At this time of year they may be feeding more actively because their main food source is non-existant.

Congrats!!!! Very cool indeed!!!

When castandblast,poster of some of the most unusual and unique catches on the planet takes note and comments,it MUST be a cool catch. Congratulations.

Whiskerkev
    Madison

Here I thought I was about to read another Brett Farve post. Very cool catch.

perch_44
    One step ahead of the Warden.

even more rare then this??

timschmitz
    Waconia MN

Wow this is crazy I don’t get this kind or response when I post pics of 50″ Muskies. I know it’s rare but now guys are talking about giving body parts to catch one
    I caught it in the mouth on a purple/whitetail ringworm in 20fow it was the top edge of a hole that droped to 47fow current was modarate.

I think that you rough fish guys and Muskie guys would get along great were both crazy.

Bob Bowman
    MN

Cool fish

I can’t wait to see this

Your fish, your bait, I want the net and that big gal on the deep weed edge!

dfresh
    Fridley, MN

I swear I caught one of these at the boat launch in St. Peter a couple years back. I didn’t take a picture and released it right away. In hindsight, I really should have taken that pic!

I seem to remember people mistaking another species for this fish. Anyone else know?

average-joe
    Hudson, WI

Quote:

Cool fish

I can’t wait to see this

Your fish, your bait, I want the net and that big gal on the deep weed edge!

You can say that again Bob

Only 2 months 20 days 4 hours 10 min and 15 sec til the opening Muskie season in WI but whose really counting

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.