Rod Set Ups For Targeting Specific Species

• Hunter Blowers

I would like to know what everyones favorite set up for specific species are. I have been looking at TUCR recently and like their selection. Specific brand and poundage of the line you like to use for each would be appreciated.

1. Rods and line for targeting panfish
    2. Rods and line for targeting crappies/perch
    3. Rods and line for targeting walleyes

Also what are your favorite lures and sizes for each specific species?

Thanks for the help! I love hearing what everyone else likes to use for gear!

Frenchman
    West Central Indiana

I generally catch Perch, Gills, and Crappie out of the same hole so my rods pull multiple duties. I have set ups depending on bait.

32″ TUCR QT with 3-4# Co-polymer for light for 1-16th to 1/8th oz spoons
    32″ TUCR Precision 4# Co-polymer for larger spoons and W3-5 Jigging raps and No. 4-5 lipless cranks.
    Multiple glass rods from TUCR and others with 2# Co-polymer for different size jigs

My only go to lure is the smallest VMC Tingler spoon in Glow Red/Red Shiner.

JoeMX1825
    MN

I really like the St Croix Avid Glass (Panfish) and Jigging rods (Walleye) and they were recently on sale at fleetfarm for $40 each, great deal on quality rods..

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Probably my most universal rod / combo set up is 40″ noodles I build from 3wt graphite flyrod tips. The carbon and glass have their place, and most definitely more durable for the harsh conditions of ice fishing.

I have them paired with Quantum Catalyt 10’s and a couple Falcon Volt 1000’s. I’m spooled with various lines from 3# to 6# and can use the tiniest of jigs/plastics up to about a W5 jig rap. The 5’s load them up more than I like, but #3’s are great. I use a ton of spoons in 1/16 and 1/8 and couldn’t be happier. I’m getting old and more crippled up each year. I hate sitting in a flip and mostly hole hop. Sitting hunched over with a toothpick sized rod is not comfortable for me and no where as affective (specifically for me). These are my all around gill, crappie, perch, sauger, white bass…small walleye rods

After this set of 6 rods, I have specific rods built for exact needs

Attachments:
    1. IMG_0031.jpg

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.