Rod case

• Ryan Malo

Last year I got a Frabill hard case and really like it for what I paid for it. With rods with spinning reels I have to collapse the reels down for them to fit, which is not a big deal. The problem is the two rods with inline reels on them do not collapse and also do not fit. Which hard side cases does everybody use that fits their in lines in them. Both of my in lines are 13 fishing free falls.

Brett Ford

Otter hard case is working ok for me, still have to fold spinning reel handles but free falls fit. Just have to turn the handle so that the knobs fit down in the dips in the foam.

One idea I saw recently, is getting an AR-15 hard case that has the pluck it style foam. Appeared to be deep enough to not have to even fold spinning reel handles.

Matt Coffey

I don’t have experience with it but I believe the eagle claw case was designed to fit inline reels as the reels are stored vertically.

I don’t have experience with it but I believe the eagle claw case was designed to fit inline reels as the reels are stored vertically.

The eagle claw has plenty of space for pretty much any reel, even non-micro baitfeeders and bigger predator reels. It’s deeper (2x) than most cases, but narrower, so it has a reasonable footprint when sitting open.

tucrs
    NW Metro

I have a Scheels case I do like that one. I really have been digging the storage in it.

Shawn U

I had used the Frabill hard case for years and just bought the Eagle Claw this year. Fits my inline reels and additional gear.

Attachments:
    1. 20191104_061533-1.jpg

al-wichman
    SE Wisconsin

I’m with Shawn. I went to the Eagle Claw and have been very happy with it. You can load the hell out of it. I actually put spare spools for my reels in there. So I can switch to my braid spool vs my mono spool or different weight lines. It also holds spare hat and gloves, my first aid kit, and a lot of other stuff. . It kind of fills the role of a tackle bag as well.

Sylvanboat

Question: where do you put that large case when you are on the ice?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.