Rock guards?

• Red Eye

Looking for a rock guard to help protect the boat while towing. Just looking for a few reviews of what guys have, what they like or dislike about them. Thanks

SuperDave1959
    Harrisville, UT

IMO, they don’t work. I’ve got large mud flaps plus a set of Rock Tamers and was still getting lots of chips. Getting a bra for the boat was the only thing that has really helped.

Aaron Kalberer

You need to get the bristle ones, I have ran them all and if they are made of rubber, rocks will bounce off of them and chip. The bristle style ones work great beings they catch rocks better. Any rock guard or oversized mud flap must be trimmed as to not touch the ground or they will flip rocks up onto your trailer. Just my experience.

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

It doesn’t stop everything but IMO the towtector brush works best. If you drive a lot of gravel the boat bra probably is the best.

john-o
    Hastings, MN

I had Towtectors a few years ago. I just got a new rig last summer and I bought KWIK PFYT brush type flaps. So far I really like them. Might want to check them out.

huskerdu

Made my own extra wide , I think they help a lot , slowing down on the gravel also makes o difference.

Kong

KWIK PFYT are what i own and the best i have found. get the double brushes for a little bit extra $ and they are near impenetrable by rocks.

sktrwx2200

Rock guards do not work at all… Towtectors when properly sized work awesome! Also work great for protecting wheelhouse or trailer in the winter.

Red Eye

Thanks for the quick info guys.

john-o
    Hastings, MN

I did get the double brush option. So far so good.

Red Eye

The bra would protect the boat but doesn’t help the trailer.

Mike Klein
    Hastings, MN

I like the towtectors. Work great

Red Eye

KWIK PFYT out of business? Any information I find on them is very old.

mojogunter

I have the rockstar mudflap They work well.

Attachments:
    1. rockstar-xl-hitch-mounted-mud-flaps.jpg

David Blais

I called and talked to bob at kwik pfyt yesterday. He mostly sells through dealers now. Central marine in Carlos, MN is so he told me to call.

john-o
    Hastings, MN

A couple of photo’s of my KWIK PFYT. I do have the double brush option.

Attachments:
    1. KWIK-2.jpg

2. KWIK.jpg

shady5

I agree with Superdave, I have Towtectors on my truck and motorhome and haven’t been real impressed. One thing they will do is collect snow and sand and melt off in the garage creating a mess.

Kris Berg

I had a Towtector but didn’t like it, so I ended up making one that I designed. Made it Fairly cheaper and it is much more durable. I was also able to get it the exact height and width that I wanted it for optimum boat and trailer protection. It looks sweet as well. It stays down where it should be when traveling 70 mph down the highway and it doesn’t look like you are dragging a broom down the road.

Red Eye

Kris do you have any pictures of the one you built?

Kris Berg

I sent you a private message

Gabe Gelle

KWIK PFYT is in business and better than ever! KWIKPFYT.com
    New products coming out to accommodate rear exhausts, now in black and silver anodized. Double track brushes with SS backing plates. Check them out.

Gabe Gelle

KWIK PFYT is under new ownership and expanding the product line. There are new innovations to address the rear exhaust models. The website is updated and they will have booths at the Cenaiko Productions Inc. Sportsmen’s Shows in Minnesota and the Dakotas this winter.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.