Wanted : People To Talk All They Want On This Forum

• bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Hey Guys and Gals, Everyone is more than welcome to talk, share, ask questions, tell us how you did fishing, etc. all you want on this forum. This is ”YOUR” forum to talk about fishing, anything about fishing, and sometimes about other things too, all you want. Anyone from the person who comes to this form for the first time to the person who comes here alot can post / talk as much as you want and then some more too. Thats what this forum is for. We all learn from each other. Even a first time fisherman can help everyone by sharing how he or she did out fishing. Sharing what worked and what didn’t work helps us all to learn more about the bite on that certain day. We ALL have things to share and we ALL learn from each other. So please feel free to join in and talk and share all you want. And don’t be afraid to ask questions and share answers. We are all one big fishing family on here so everyone is important and welcome.
    Thanks, Bill

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

And thats whats great about fishing. Sometimes we get ourselves so used to doing it one way and someone comes along and tells how he caught his fish the last time out and we either learn a new way or are reminded of a way we use to use years ago but forgot about. In other words, alot of times it can be the newer fisherman who catches the most fish because hes not afraid to try different things and isn’t stuck on just one way to fish. So everyone who fishes is not only a fisherman but also a teacher of fishing as they can share how they caught their fish. So this is one guy who looks forward to learning from ”everyones” sharing.
    Thanks, Bill

gundez-71
    South Minnesota

WELL, THIS IS ABOUT FISHING BUT THE QUESTION IS NOT ABOUT FISHING. I AM A BIG GUY AND I HAVE HEALTH PROBLEMS BECAUSE OF IT. MY DOCTOR HAS RECOMMENDED STOMACH BYPASS SURGERY. I GUESS I AM LOOKING FOR PEOPLE WHO HAVE HAD IT DONE TO TALK TOO. SO IF YOU KNOW ANYONE LET ME KNOW HOW THEY ARE DOING. I AM TO THE POINT WHERE IT IS DIFFICULT TO GET IN AND OUT OF MY BOAT. THAT IS WHERE THE FISHING PART OF THIS COMES.

GUNDEZ-71

hof
    Rochester, MN

Hi GUNDEZ-71,

I know 2 guys that had that done and they are doing great! I wish you the best!

Good Fishing,
    Mike

lew
    Kasson, MN

Gundy, I know a several people that have gone through with this surgery and one person that is in the begining process of having the surgery. I would say, pursue this thoroughly. Ask questions, talk to people. Understand just what is involved. This surgery is about regaining your life. Breaking down barriers and quite probably extending your life. This surgery is not 100% risk free and your doctor should tell you that too. Make an educated decision and should you choose to take that step, remember to do the follow-up work. Good Luck Gundy! Lew

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

I also know two of my friends that have had it…They are doing well and have shed 100+ pounds each and still loosing…It isn’t just the surgery that makes you loose the weight but a strict diet and excersize after the recovery period…Best of luck from another heavy guy…me

gundez-71
    South Minnesota

Do you feel that you can get a good deal on e-bay? I mean with shipping and all that is it really a good deal? I have looked at fishing stuff, mostly reels and after I put the shipping in I feel that I can do just as well at local places.

GundeZ-71

lew
    Kasson, MN

I grew up and currently live in a small town and I try to promote local small businesses as much as possible. I also believe in saving a buck when I can. If you are within a few dollars of the local guy verses e-bay, please support the local guy!

hof
    Rochester, MN

You can be absolutely sure that the local guys appreciate all the support you can give!

Good Fishing,
    Mike

gundez-71
    South Minnesota

I would think with these gas prices the way they are that would help local business. At least it has slowed me down some. I am getting ready to go to Canada next month and I would like to take some of those big K-grubs. Do they come in assortment packs?

GundeZ-71

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

They come in 12-packs. Mike carries them in Rochester at Hooked On Fishing Bait and Tackle on Hwy#63 north. Hwy #63 is Broadway [main street] that turns into Hwy63 as you leave Rochester going north. Hes just alittle ways north across from a trailer court. Bright blue building on the right side, can’t miss it. Thanks, Bill

mrcrappie
    mn Dodge co.

this is a great site & look forward to learning & sharing with ya all.

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Welcome and please feel free to join in and share and post. Thanks, Bill

hof
    Rochester, MN

Welcome MrCrappie!

Nice to see you come over to the best fishing forums on the internet. You will find this site is very user friendly with a lot of knowledgable fisherman willing to contribute. Looking forward to your posts!

Good Fishing,
    Mike

mrcrappie
    mn Dodge co.

Thanks Bill & Mike. What a fast welcome that was. I’m starting to feel at home here already. Well here my first official fishing report, Only had a hour or so on Sunday, (Inbetween the rain) So I went over to the Zumbro & Fished from shore. I fished a small hair jig under a float & caught 14 crappies. I only kept 5 for supper, With the kids growing up most of the time it’s just Ma & I So it don’t take alot to feed us 2. Well there you have it. Remember CP&R And take a kid fishing. Good Fishing DOUG

gundez-71
    South Minnesota

Welcome to the site!! A real bunch of good people around here. So feel free to let’er fly if you have a question or just need to talk.

GundeZ-71

Val
    Lonsdale, MN

Don’t believe MrMuskie, he was home painting a boat instead of fishing……

How are you doing Doug ? Finally I’ve got into this site too.

Hi Bill, it’s been a while since last visit, I just joined this site, and I am very pleased with it.

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Welcome Val! Great to have you over here with us. Besides sharing, so we all learn alot from each other, we also have alot of fun here too. Please feel free to post and share all you want and even feel free to take a poke at our favorite punching bag, mascott, and buddy Jake that we all have come to love as our friend. We pick on him and he loves the attention and picks right back on us. About every week he will change his pic and signature/slogan in his name at the bottom. And don’t forget to pick up your free In-depthangling.com sticker from Mike at Hooked On Fishing. Again, welcome Bud and great to have you with us. Thanks, Bill

sgt._rock
    Rochester, MN

I’ll second the welcome to Val. I’ve been to his shop/yard and seen the things he has. WOW!! By the way Val..I got the fuse cover working fine Thanks and Welcome.

mrcrappie
    mn Dodge co.

Welcome VAL. This is a great site & you won’t get the For posting here The boat is done now , so I can get back on the water Whens the yard sale? Again welcome

lew
    Kasson, MN

Quote:

I AM A BIG GUY AND I HAVE HEALTH PROBLEMS BECAUSE OF IT. MY DOCTOR HAS RECOMMENDED STOMACH BYPASS SURGERY. I GUESS I AM LOOKING FOR PEOPLE WHO HAVE HAD IT DONE TO TALK TOO. GUNDEZ-71

Hey Gundy, Did you ever find someone to talk to? I have a friend that is having this surgery TOMORROW and I know of one person that had the surgery about 8 years ago and has never regretted it. I hope you are well.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.