Lake Zumbro Tuesday Nighters

• brad_gravenhof
    Rochester MN

Heres the outcome from tues. Better late than never!
    12 boats tuesday.
    1st place – Tim Domaille & Jerry Eckholt – 11 plus
    2nd place – Chuck Cambell & Tim Chapman – 9 plus
    3rd place – Matt Pretzer – 8 plus
    BB – N? Nelson – 3.11 LM
    Good job guys
    It was a tough night for most, even one guy left early.
    The water is extremely clear right now on the bottom end of the lake.

Wade Boardman
    Grand Rapids, MN

Quote:

I was on the Scumbro this weekend and I heard “the water is really clear” multiple times. Coming from Northern MN, I guess I have to take that comment in context to the area. However every time I hear it, I just laugh. At my “cabin” in Northern MN, the water clarity is over 12′. I’ve even seen it go well beyond 12′ under certain conditions.

Defining “really clear” water by 2-3′ water clarity is funny as heck!

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

Ruger….

You’d be doing yourself a favor to keep in mind that “clear water” on the mighty Zum is a relative term. lol Actually the Zum has been able to stay fairly clear on the dam-end for a couple of years now. Around the first of August or whenever the big heat hits and algae blooms start up you’ll have another “relative term” to call the water. Everything is relative to something in this corner of the state.

eronningen
    Rochester, MN

Quote:

Quote:

I was on the Scumbro this weekend and I heard “the water is really clear” multiple times. Coming from Northern MN, I guess I have to take that comment in context to the area. However every time I hear it, I just laugh. At my “cabin” in Northern MN, the water clarity is over 12′. I’ve even seen it go well beyond 12′ under certain conditions.

Defining “really clear” water by 2-3′ water clarity is funny as heck!

I was down there last tues night and the water clarity was 8-10 feet easy. As you head towards the Fish it gets worse all the way to probably a few inches of clarity.

brad_gravenhof
    Rochester MN

I should have been more clear with my clarity.
    I think 10ft plus is pretty clear anywere.

Wade Boardman
    Grand Rapids, MN

Quote:

I was down there last tues night and the water clarity was 8-10 feet easy. As you head towards the Fish it gets worse all the way to probably a few inches of clarity.

10′ of clarity on the Zumbro? I’m not so sure I’d believe that. We were up in the shallows in 2′ and I couldn’t see the carp on the bottom. Until they moved.

Out of the bay in the deeper water I’d say the best clarity I saw before I lost sight of my jig could be stretched to 4′. However that’s the deepest I’d say the clarity was.

bart
    Pine Island

6/2/09 – 19 Boats Tonight

7.14 – Eric Ronningen
    6.00 – Tim D.
    5.15 – BB 2.04 Chris & Jeff
    5.07 – Gravenhoff
    5.04 – Markim & Bailey
    5.02 – Matt
    5.02 – Jerry
    5.00 – Chuck
    4.14 – BB 3.08 – Brandon
    4.14 – Kuntson & Travis
    4.07 – BB 3.01 – Loren

eronningen
    Rochester, MN

Quote:

Quote:

10′ of clarity on the Zumbro? I’m not so sure I’d believe that. We were up in the shallows in 2′ and I couldn’t see the carp on the bottom. Until they moved.

Out of the bay in the deeper water I’d say the best clarity I saw before I lost sight of my jig could be stretched to 4′. However that’s the deepest I’d say the clarity was.

Well whatever. Last tuesday evening the clarity from the dam towards ponderosa was 10-12 feet. (Period)
    The other extreme was from Fishermans Inn towards Sandy point, 3-8″ tops for clarity, this was the same evening.

Now….Tonight 6/2/09 the clarity by the dam was a couple feet tops. So in your defense, if you were not out there last tuesday night or in the same areas I specified, than I understand your confusion.
    I went to brush piles I have fished for years last tuesday night and barely fished them, I just looked at them and all the fish and structure down in 10-12 FOW in awe.

eronningen
    Rochester, MN

Quote:

7.14 – Eric Ronningen
    6.00 – Tim D.
    5.07 – Gravenhoff
    5.04 – Markim & Bailey
    5.02 – Matt
    5.02 – Jerry
    5.00 – Chuck
    4.14 – BB 3.08 – Brandon
    4.14 – Kuntson & Travis
    4.07 – BB 3.01 – Loren

What a turn out and what tough fishing. Branden, I should have weighed my smallie. Just bring the money to my house.

gregh
    s.e. minn

Quote:

Quote:

7.14 – Eric Ronningen
    6.00 – Tim D.
    5.07 – Gravenhoff
    5.04 – Markim & Bailey
    5.02 – Matt
    5.02 – Jerry
    5.00 – Chuck
    4.14 – BB 3.08 – Brandon
    4.14 – Kuntson & Travis
    4.07 – BB 3.01 – Loren

What a turn out and what tough fishing. Branden, I should have weighed my smallie. Just bring the money to my house.

Thats not gonna happen………Momma’s got that in her purse already

eronningen
    Rochester, MN

6/9/09 tournament.
    24 boats tonight. As far as I know it was a record turn out. Tough bite yet again.
    1st and BB was Matt Pretzer. 12-0 and 6-1 largie
    2nd Kepp and Kepp with 10-0??
    3rd Fill in the blank,
    4th Me and Jim Kostroski
    5th Rick Nelson and partner (Trevor Hockert?)

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

6-1….. Now that’s getting up there. I saw one that I thought would go just over 5 about a month ago while crappie fishing. 6 is a nice largie for the Zum.

eronningen
    Rochester, MN

Quote:

6-1….. Now that’s getting up there. I saw one that I thought would go just over 5 about a month ago while crappie fishing. 6 is a nice largie for the Zum.

The bag we used last night probably was over a pound but still a nice fish by any means.

ncarlson203

Why are the weights down so much this year?? I suppose with the increased number of boats fishing the tournaments now, we are killing tons of fish and the quality bass are nearing extinction.

eronningen
    Rochester, MN

Quote:

Why are the weights down so much this year?? I suppose with the increased number of boats fishing the tournaments now, we are killing tons of fish and the quality bass are nearing extinction.

Cause all the boat wake from the ski club bounces them off rocks and kills them.

dan-thiem
    Zumbro Falls Mn.

Quote:

Quote:

Cause all the boat wake from the ski club bounces them off rocks and kills them.

Love it!!! Thanks, I needed that one today.

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

And here I thought it was all the jet skis sucking the scales off them making them vulnerable to disease.

gregh
    s.e. minn

Quote:

Quote:

Cause all the boat wake from the ski club bounces them off rocks and kills them.ct

Oh jeez here we go!!! I thought it was all the crappie fisherman gut hook’m

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Cause all the boat wake from the ski club bounces them off rocks and kills them.ct

Now, now….you need to polish this statement up a bit. Maybe you could correct yourself to say that instead of the “crappie fishermen” it reads the “LIVE BAIT fishermen” ?

gregh
    s.e. minn

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Now, now….you need to polish this statement up a bit. Maybe you could correct yourself to say that instead of the “crappie fishermen” it reads the “LIVE BAIT fishermen” ?

Oh thats right, I forgot there is still a few guys fishing crappies/gill’s with plastic’s. (ct and mike)
    I’ve seen more fish with line hanging out of them then ever before!!

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

Ya, that sucks. I see it occasionally myself. I was tossing spinners at Foster one morning last summer and saw one of those pig bass laying along a log in two or three feet of water and it had a 3″ twister tail and jig stuck in its back along the dorsal fin. Wanna speculate how the jig got there given all the nice alnglers we see anymore?

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Quote:

And here I thought it was all the jet skis sucking the scales off them making them vulnerable to disease.

And all along I thought it was cause Eric caught them all.

eronningen
    Rochester, MN

I only catch and release 5 per week. You need to look to Brad and many others that spend there nights and weekends out there.

eronningen
    Rochester, MN

Domaille & Gravenhoff 10-05
    Ronningen & Jimmer 9-13?
    Fritsch & Nelson 9-
    BB was 5-06
    Memory is foggy. Could be off a bit

timdomaille
    Rochester Mn

Your always foggy!

brad_gravenhof
    Rochester MN

What do you expect when you get a couple celebrities fishing together.

brad_gravenhof
    Rochester MN

BTW Eron, I think you’ve been on the Zum as many times as I have this year.
    I cant catch fish anyway, right, who cares how much I’m out there——– M R

bart
    Pine Island

6/23/09 – 14 Boats

1. Ken & Tom – 11.08 – BB – 6.04
    2. Mike & Josh – 11.08 – BB – 5.03
    3. Tim – 10.05 – BB 5.01
    4. Brandon – 10.00 – BB 4.09
    5. Eric – 7.09
    6. Mark Porter – 6.08
    7. Courtney & Mike – 6.04

bart
    Pine Island

6/30/09 – 14 Boats

1. Tim D. & Jerry – 11.03/BB 3.12
    2. Skeeter – 8.15/BB 3.00
    3. Rick & Ben – 8.10/BB 5.15
    4. Eric R. – 7.02
    5. Courtney & Jesse – 6.11
    6. Tim Chapman – 5.05
    7. Matt Pretzer – 5.04
    8. Ken & Tom – 4.09

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 93 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.