Slow No Wake On Lake Zumbro

• bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

With the water level raising up like Mike [HOF] has mentioned in another thread there has been a ”Slow No Wake” issued for Lake Zumbro. Hopefully by the time the water level is back down towards normal and the restriction is lifted there will be alot more of the lake open.
    Thanks, Bill

ps yes Brad and Eric, this means you guys have to keep your bass boats off of the ice.

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

Come on now Bill…we all know they did this to keep Cordie from speeding with the ranger. Even bass boats couldn’t keep up to that thing. Airplanes maybe. If they can keep the prop free of snow. And ice. And stay upright.

hof
    Rochester, MN

Quote:

Come on now Bill…we all know they did this to keep Cordie from speeding with the ranger. Even bass boats couldn’t keep up to that thing. Airplanes maybe. If they can keep the prop free of snow. And ice. And stay upright.

gregh
    s.e. minn

I’ll just happy when we can start to throw a wake!!!!!! COME ON SPRING

hof
    Rochester, MN

Heard from a few people today saying that the river/lake is up more than they’ve seen it in quite awhile. Wonder what is happening down river? Must be flooding in some areas. Anyone got any updates?

brad_gravenhof
    Rochester MN

Stopped by Mac’s Park Place this afternoon.
    All I can say is WOW !!
    There were rapids below that dam like you wouldn’t believe!
    The water made it right up to the bar area but then started it’s way back down,though they did have to move most campers.

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

That rain we were suppose to get yesterday would of helped to melt some ice and more snow but by the sounds of it it was best that we didn’t get the rain. Too fast of a thaw can cause alot of problems. Lets hope the ice melts and the lake opens ”before” the spring rains get here to help keep the flooding problems down.
    Thanks, Bill

hof
    Rochester, MN

The lake water level has dropped almost a ft. in the last day. Hopefully things will get much better soon!

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Anybody has an update on the ”ice out” report?
    Thanks, Bill

stevet

I drove down to the Fishermans Inn access and fishing pier yesterday about 5 to ck it out. Access to the ice is done for. The lake was up 4-5 feet since Sunday…had water half way up the railings on the little fishing pier on the north side. The high water and current busted the shore ice all to heck and opened up in the main channel well down from fishermans. The ice the was left in that area didn’t look to good. Look like it had been busted up in many places. Too bad…I was hoping to give it one more try out there through the ice. Oh well…now it’s come on open water time I guess.

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

now it’s come on open water time I guess. [end of quote]

Music to my ears my friend. Thanks for the great news. Open water is getting much closer.

Thanks, Bill

hof
    Rochester, MN

I checked out the Fisherman’s Inn area again late yesterday. Much to my surprise, there were 3 guys on the ice in front of Fisherman’s. I think they would have walked out on the green dock and then onto the ice.
    The shoreline ice is busted up pretty much and the ice flows are still coming down the river, but are jamming up just beyond Kings bay. Lots of flow and very dirty right now.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.