Wabasha Report?

• Crickschop04

Was thinking of heading that way after work tonight. Anybody heard if one spot is better than another??? Thinking I might see if the pike are in the marina first and then head to the dike road. Anybody heard how the ice is holding up at the finger lakes???

bigschtik
    Byron MN

Ice was good as of 2 days ago. The area near the culvert was thin of course. Fishing was slow and I coulnt believe how many people were out on a tuesday. Pontoon had plenty of little fish, as always. Beef, Indian and various other spots I tried showed fish but no biters. Lots of dead shad. And I may have been just marking shad, that could be why no bitters. Oh, I heard they were getting a few at Long walk, but I did not fish it. I did not fish the marina so that may be a good option, though I kinda thought that spot was a first ice bite, I could be wrong. Good luck.

eabraham473
    Rochester, MN

Ice at the finger lakes is still good. I was out there yesterday with the 20 other people. Fishing was alright in the morning but once people started to show up the crappies stopped biting and the gills showed up. The ice is very inconsistent. i found 12″ in one spot and 20 feet away 6″ and around the culvert only 3″ to 5″ . bring the spud if u plan on searching for the fish. I heard 3rd lake has slowed down and I also heard a rumor about 4th lake that fish were biting but thats a long haul.

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Welcome to the site Crappie_hunter84. Great to have you with us. Please feel free to share and post all you want. Anybody been fishing the backwaters between Wabasha and Nelson more recently?

Thanks, Bill

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.