Silver Creek – gate open [AND NOW CLOSED]

• Bighorn
    outside Rochester, MN

I was out to Silver Creek yesterday with the 11 yo and the gate on Cty 11 was open and about 12 vehicles were parked below the dam. We joined the group and fished a couple hours. Anyone know why the gate was open? is this going to continue? was there a ruling somewhere that actually settled something?

hof
    Rochester, MN

A couple guys told me that the landowner there decided to let people park there. Not sure how long it will last, but keeping the area picked up would be a great way to say thanks.

jrrendler
    Mantorville, MN

did ya catch anything?

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

If everyone picks up theirs AND any other garbage they see it would go along ways with helping to get the lake open. Sounds like ”maybe” a trial to see how the fishermen behave maybe??? Lets show them that fishermen care and treat property right.
    Thanks, Bill

Bighorn
    outside Rochester, MN

I was hoping to avoid this question. We met some guys coming off about 2:30, who said they hadn’t caught anything. I was hoping it would pick up towards evening and we did mark fish almost the whole time we were there in 14 fow. I had a couple hits but missed both. It seemed to be picking up around 5-5:30 but we had to leave. As we were walking out there were three guys set up in 11 fow and they had 5 crappies in the bucket and had thrown some back. I think they had only been there about 45″. They were using minnows, we had been using waxies, so I will blame the bait this time.

gregh
    s.e. minn

Gates closed as of 3:15pm(Monday)

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Word is now they are ticketing people who are on the lake for tresspassing. This has not been confirmed but its what we are hearing.

Thanks, Bill

sbr_it

Quote:

Word is now they are ticketing people who are on the lake for tresspassing. This has not been confirmed but its what we are hearing.
    Thanks, Bill

Bill,

You could always go fishing out there and see if what your hearing gets confirmed.

Andy

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Quote:

Quote:

Thanks, Bill

Bill,

You could always go fishing out there and see if what your hearing gets confirmed.

Andy

Gee…Thanks Bud. That would be one way to confirm it I guess. Care to come with me???
    Thanks, Bill

hof
    Rochester, MN

Quote:

Thanks, Bill

I believe they are ticketing for parking on Cty. Rd. 11. Anyone know for sure?

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Haven’t heard anything comfirming it Mike but my guess is its the parking issue that people are being ticketed for. Anyone heard anything more on this?
    Thanks, Bill

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.