Chesterwoods Lake

• bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Thought I would pass along some info on the lake and park.

November 1st closed to horseback riding.

November 18-26 the park is closed due to a special 3-B Deer hunting. 50 people were chosen to hunt the park during that timeframe.

Ice fishing has a slot on bluegills which is you can’t keep anything under 7 inches.

Other than the whole park [which includes the lake too] being closed for the special deer hunting the lake is open for fishing during other times. Fall is here and the fish are hungry which means us fishermen need to get out there and catch some fish.
    Thanks, Bill

Chris
    Rochester, MN

Thanks for the news Bill, good stuff I would love to be one of the 50 that were chosen although it seems like alot of people for that area. Great info on the slot limit too!

Ice fishing will be here soon and what better lake to get your excercise on than the Woods!

Cya on the ice…
    Chris

dp
    Rochester,mn

So is there good fishing out there this time of year. I fish it a lot in the summer but not to much in the fall, but would be willing to try it. Thanks for the info

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

I haven’t heard any reports lately but I do know there were 5 boats out there a couple days ago. The fish have to be hungry.
    Thanks, Bill

fishin101
    Rochester, MN

There will be some seriously lucky people out there for the “special” hunt, I have seen a monster out there numerous times on the northeast corner of the lake. Got a up close an personal look at him about a month ago while looking for some bass right along the shore line! Good luck to all out there!

TSCTSC
    Rochester, MN

So I cannot go fish in Chesterwoods on Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday???

BTW, is the boat ramp there suitable for me to launch a 1700 Lund Fisherman? I know that it is non-motorized lake, so can I still troll around with my electric trolling motor?

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Closed 18-26 due to a special deer hunting group of 50 people drawned to hunt. The ramp is good enough for your boat but is electric motor ”use” only. Can’t use the gas motors at all. Wish they would of picked a different week for the hunt but no such luck.
    Thanks, Bill

ikeslayer
    Rochester, mn, Usa, Earth

if you are deer hunting out there can you use the boat launch to get to your spot??? ike

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Quote:

if you are deer hunting out there can you use the boat launch to get to your spot??? ike

No idea but I should of put my name in the drawing cause I sure would like to hunt for those dear fish with my weapon that looks like a fishin rod.
    Thanks, Bill

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.