Chester Woods Bass 9/21/06

• fishin101
    Rochester, MN

Just wanted to show some pics of the fish we caught today in the couple of hours we were at Chester. We were throwing cranks (perch colored) which most fish were caught on, zoom horny toads came in second, and spinnerbaits were a distant third. If anyone wants to get a kid hooked on bassin’, Chester Woods is the place to do it. The over all size of the fish is always smaller than out on the Miss but the numbers just can’t be beat. In a little over two hours, two of us boated 24 fish. That is very normal for out there for us. Talk to ya later……

Nate

fishin101
    Rochester, MN

another

fishin101
    Rochester, MN

and another

fishin101
    Rochester, MN

last one

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Nice fish Nate. Thanks for sharing the pics. Looks and sounds like you guys had alot of fun.
    Thanks, Bill

fishin101
    Rochester, MN

Went out again today, horny toads in the weeds and slop produced 90% of the fish today. Cranks and spinner baits did find a few too. In about 3 1/2 hours between two of us we boated 46 fish. Some nice sized ones but mostly the normal 1-1/2 lbs fish. Hope others are getting out there too!

ikeslayer
    Rochester, mn, Usa, Earth

how big was your biggest do you think??? that is always a good time to rip up your finger that much and to put that much stink on your hands. ike

fishin101
    Rochester, MN

From the original post, about 2 1/2 lbs. From the 23rd, I hit a real decent one for chester at 4lbs 6 oz. Typically out there 2-3 lb fish is doing pretty good. And yes, it is great when I come home and the girlfriend won’t even let me come near her until I take a shower!

ikeslayer

That is decent sized for out there. do you have a digi scale or are you measuring and doing math. ike

fishin101
    Rochester, MN

Well I finally broke down and bought a digi a couple of weeks agao. It sure is nice not to have to measure and guess anymore, or use my ancient spring scale. So I am assuming you make it out to Chester some?

ikeslayer

yes i fish chester quite often. that is why i was wondering. My personal biggest out of there is 3 pounds and have yet to catch a 2 pounder. So nice going on getting it done. i have a couple of spots out there where i have seen a 5 lbers and have not and could not get them to bite. We should get together and trade secrets. ike

fishin101
    Rochester, MN

Went out there again this afternoon with one of my employees, the fishin was kind of slow. A few in the slop and a few from cranks! About 10 fish total for us in about 3 hours. I will attatch the first fish ever for the guy I brought out. He then asked what I was doing Friday after work. I think he is hooked! Sounds like a plan on trading secrets, most of the fish are small but I seem to find a few bigger ones now and then

ikeslayer

found myself out at chester yesterday afternoon for about 90 minutes. Was kind of there to get some others some fish and didn’t work at it too hard myself. We managed about 5 fish most falling victim to a mimmic minnow. those things really kill them and my wife just loves them. i was having battery trouble so i couldn’t tell what the water temp was. but it wans’t too warm. Looking to get out there again probaably next week some time. ike

fishin101
    Rochester, MN

Hey Ike,
    If you ever want to team up on the bass out there let me know! I am always up for fishin!
    Nate

ikeslayer

nate that sounds great. if we want to do it this fall yet that might be tough for me as things are getting busy with hunting. Also my trolling motor battery is shot so if we want to get more than 100yards from the landing i think we better use someone elses boat than mine. Let me know the next time you are heading out there and maybe i can go and i will do the same for you. ike

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Anyone been out on Chesterwoods lately? By the pics everyone can see thats theres some good lookin bass out there. And of course some nice big bullgills too.
    Thanks, Bill

fishin101
    Rochester, MN

With the wally bites really heating up around the state I have pretty much been concentrating on them but hope to get out for some bassin in the near future!

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.