Lake Zumbro Smallies

• fishin101
    Rochester, MN

Went out Wednesday night for a little “sun” for the girlfriend and a little fishin for me. The girlfriend didn’t really find any sun but I found some fish! It started off kind of slow at first fishing drops and weedlines, only producing a few largies. So I switched up to looking for some smaillies and boy did I find them. They were sitting shallow off of rocks and close to some docks. I started with some cranks and spinner baits and followed up with tubes and stick baits. Every time I would hit a fish or two with the cranks and spinners, I would find a couple more willing to chow down on the tube or sticks. Anyway the night ended with 5 largies with nothing over 2 lbs and 9 smallies with 4 over 3 lbs! And the GF was even a trooper and held out till she didn’t have enought light to read her book anymore!

fishin101
    Rochester, MN

Another one

fishin101
    Rochester, MN

And another

fishin101
    Rochester, MN

And one of the trooper at the end of the night!

luke_haugland
    Iowa City, Iowa

Wow, great smallies!!

mbolt76
    Anoka MN

good small mouth

hof
    Rochester, MN

Nice fish! Thanks for the report!

Good Fishing,
    Mike

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Very nice smallies. HOF and I keep talking about hitting the bass but never seem to get are schedules connected lately. With fall coming that should change some I hope. Thanks for the report and pics.
    Thanks, Bill

lew
    Kasson, MN

Nice Fish, Better Trooper!!!! Not only was she patient with you, but she took the pictures to boot. You may owe her a nice dinner out.

ikeslayer
    Rochester, mn, Usa, Earth

Wow nice stringer of smallies. I think that if you could put a stringer like that together for one of those tourney you might be in the money???!!!! Nice fish. ike

fishin101
    Rochester, MN

I wish I could put together some fish like that at a tourney. Just never seems to work out like that though!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.