Lake Zumbro Fishing is hot

• 4blade

We went to Zumbro today and were not disappointed. The bluegills were very active with many in the 8″-9″ range. All were caught on jigs and waxies 4-8 feet down in deeper water. The stripers were biting in a fury. They were all caught trolling spinners. We also ended up catching a 10lb catfish on a ultralight. What alot of fun down there right now. Great for getting the kids out.

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Thanks for the report. After Saturday on pool 4 and cookout at my oldest daughters Saturday night it will be Lake Zumbro for this guy.
    Thanks, Bill

vikefanmn77
    Northfield,MN

they got stripers in there??

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Quote:

they got stripers in there??

What everyone is calling stripers are really ”whitebass.’ Twenty years ago I got my youngest son Nate hooked on fishing trolling crappie jigs for them on Lake Zumbro. They had ALOT of them back then and they were bigger size but I think people kept them and thinned the number of fish down bigtime. Now they are on the rebound and the huge amount of fish they had last year that were five inched long are now 9-11 inches long it seems. LOTS of them and they provide a very fun day on the water for anyone who wants to catch a ton of fish. Hopefully everyone will put them back so we all have a fishery full of big ones to enjoy catching for years.
    Thanks, Bill

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.