Lake Winona

• Buzzbait
    Winona Mn 55987

I was just wondering if anyone has had any luck out on Lake Winona if so what was working for you. I am going to try to head out there tonight for a little while as long as the weather holds out. Thanks in advance.

hof
    Rochester, MN

There is a report just a few posts down filed by Jake about a fishing trip to Lake Winona called “Here’s your bloody toothy story…”

Good Fishing,
    Mike

yellowjacket
    Byron, MN

Gotta be in boat for Lake Winona?

hof
    Rochester, MN

There is a fishing dock right along Huff St.

Good Fishing,
    Mike

yellowjacket
    Byron, MN

Yes, I knew that, but do you NEED a boat for catching decent fish on the lake, or will dock suffice?

Thanx for the info

Jake
    Muddy Corn Field

The docks are usually good for as many itty bitty little sunnies you’d ever want to catch….but that’s about it. Of course there will be a nice fish hauled in off of one every once in a while, but I really think you need to stay a bit more mobile to have a realistic chance at some decent fish. IMHO, fishing of the docks are not the way to go.

That being said, I have caught some dandy large mouth off shore in the fall. It would be tough to find many places to fish along shore rigth now due to the weeds (although I have seen guys out there throwing scum frogs across the top of them), but once they start dying in the fall, the fish move up shallow any way……bike or walk along the path (both lakes) and cast spinner baits anywhere you can get at the water along the west/south shore. If the wind is blowing into that shore it’s all the better .

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.