ALMA FLOAT?

• davebmork
    Hayfield Mn

What is the status of the alma float? Are they open? Are they Biting and How much does it cost to get out there?

banjo_minnow
    Menomonie, Wi

I think they opened the 18th and it’s 14 bucks to go out for the day

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Welcome guys. Great to have you with us. Please feel free to share and post all you want.
    Thanks, Bill

hof
    Rochester, MN

I am surprised to hear they are already open. The past few years, I thought they had opened April 1st. When I looked at their website, it had not been updated to reflect they are open?

Good Fishing,
    Mike

Pikester

I was down on the river on Saturday and there was people fishing from there so I think they are open. I would give them a call ahead of time to make sure. River was kind of slow Saturday. Got there about 11:30 and got three good eaters right away. After 2:00 they turned off, way off. Was anybody down there on Sunday? With this weather I am sure wishing I was there right now!!! Dang work anyway…

Art

Was down yesterday below Winona dam. So much junk in water you couldn’t get line down without getting a bunch of weeds on it. Fished from the dam-about a mile downstream, same everyplace. There is a float on Wisc. side below the Winona dam. See a lot of people fishing off it.You can walk on it from shore. Lot of days I’ve seen a lot of fish caught off it. I don’t know anymore about it except I think they have a bar open there in the summer. Looks like a easy place to get to.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.