Smallies

• shyy

Hey everyone,

I think I’ll probably concentrate on smallies pretty hard this summer- never tried before. What bait do you guys usually use? Anything in particular? I usually use crankbaits and spinners for largemouth, do those work as well for smallies? Thanks a lot, and I can’t wait to catch some of those golden beauties.

fish4blue
    Holmen, WI

tubes are always huge and i personally prefer a rebel crawfish.

shyy

Thanks for the info. I only live 30 minutes from Cabela’s (I go to St. Olaf College in Northfield), so I usually stop by there every week or two- usually just to look at whats new. Living that close has definitely hurt my wallet, but it’s worth it. This summer I’m sure HOF’s store will probably be my new home away from home.

jeff_hansen

3″ PowerCraws or Yum Craws on 3/32 or 1/8 oz. jigheads and a L – ML spinning outfit is a blast and super effective…

good luck,

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Ok guys, I have an idea. Lets all put our heads together and come up with the best B-Fish-N Tackle plastic and color that we think will catch the most smallies for our new Bud here. When we come up with what we think will be the best plastic [ringworm, K-tail, or paddletail] and color then I will send him a package of them. Fair enough? So lets put our heads together and help him catch smallies this year.
    Thanks, Bill

Jake
    Muddy Corn Field

For the smaller rivers around Roch. you’re going to want to stick with smaller style baits……small crawfish cranks and 2″ white twister tails have always worked the best for me.

Now on the lake (Zumbro) and down on the river, tubes reign supreme……Although fat bodied cranks and spinnerbaits in the spring work well also

JimW
    SE MN

SMALLIES!!! Now wer’re cookin with gas!!!
    Bring on the smallie talk!!!

Jim

lew
    Kasson, MN

Twister tails: white and chartrouse (sp?), Reapers, Tubes, inline spinners will also work.

kris_brantner
    My river

man where do i start!?!? tubes, jigs, pointers, topwater, t rigged worms, senkos, spinner baits, crankbaits, flukes, these are all great baits that have produced alot of smallies for me and tons of others

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

On Lake Zumbro shad raps in shad color, firetiger color and a brownish crawdad color work well. So do crawdad colored Fat raps. B-Fish-N Tackle has some Superdoos in a couple different brownish crawdad style colors that look pretty good but haven’t had a chance to try them yet.
    Thanks, Bill

shyy

Thanks a lot for all your help guys. I can’t wait to get out and try these out .

Thanks,
    William

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.