Fosters on Sat Morning

• stevet

I was out on fosters this morning from about 7-11. Great morning to be out. Iced half dozed small Crappies, a couple of not too bad sunnies and 4 nice trout. 3 browns in the 16in range and 1 big fat rainbow at just a hair shy of 21. It was a NICE fish so I figured I’d better put the tape to that one. I was in 18 ft of water and all but the big Rainbow and one dink crappie came on waxies. Two of the trout I caught about 3 ft under the ice. I could see them swim in and so I put one line right under the ice and had two browns hit it there. Waxie on a pink head/white tali shrimpo. The ohter brown and the boss Rainbow I caught @ about 10ft. Rainbow hit a green w/white Ice Ant tipped with crappie minnow. Marked fish all morning – mostly in the 10-12 ft depth range. A few off the bottom.

All the fish went back in (I could have had a heck of a trout supper!)…man, I GOTTA get a digital camera so I can share some pics!

Hoping to try Zumbro in the morn – see if I can find some decent crappies for a super bowl snack!

pgoetsch337
    Mazeppa, Minnesota

Thanks for the post stevet
    Sounded like a great time
    Welcome to IDA!
    Hollywood

hof
    Rochester, MN

Great report! Welcome to the forum, hope to hear more.

Good Fishing,
    Mike

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Welcome Stevet. Great to have you with us. Please feel free to share and post all you want. Thanks for the report. Sounds like you had a great day on the water [ice].
    Thanks, Bill

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.