Fishing Goals For 2005

• bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

What are your fishing goals for 2005? Mine are to do alot more fishing. Not only chasing walleyes on pool 4 but I plan to do alot of crappie and bluegill fishing in the backwaters and small lakes. And for quick fishing fixes there is shore fishing on the Roachester Area Lakes and Zumbro River going through town. Lots of oportunities to keep a guy busy with a fishing rod in his hands.

Thanks, Bill

ps. Almost forgot. Gotta catch more fish than Jake.

hof
    Rochester, MN

Quote:

ps. Almost forgot. Gotta catch more fish than Jake.

Gee, that should only take a couple times! Hi Jake.

I hope to go fishing at least once a week. I want to get outside of my comfort zone and fish some areas that I have not fished before. I want to catch a 10+ lb. walleye, 5+ lb. sauger, 20+ lb. northern, 3+ lb. crappie, and 1 1/2+ lb. bluegill. I’d also like to get up to Red Lake this winter and experience some of those big slab crappies through the ice.

Good Fishing,
    Mike

clarence_chapman
    Hastings, MN Lake Isabel activist

I used to have a goal of catching a big ski. Now that that has been accomplished I think I will concintrate on eyes.
    I hope to keep up the amount of fishing I did and the quality of the fish.

Jeremiah Shaver
    La Crosse, WI

Bill,

Excellent Question…you should move this on the “general discussion” thread!!

My goals are to finish top 40 in BFL to qualify for Everstart…For my partner and I to finish high enough in the Fisher’s of Men circuit to qualify for Regionals and w/a little luck..Nationals. Most important I just want to try to become a more complete Bass fisherman!!

herb
    6ft under

2 goals for me;
    (1) catch more and bigger crappie
    (2) follow Bill Cadwell to his Hot Spots and not get caught.

jhalfen

My goals are:

(1) To learn more about walleye fishing next year than I did this year….and I learned a lot this year, much of which I learned right here on IDA!
    (2) To fish in another ARM event or two….what a gas it was this year on Lake Menomin.
    (3) To boat a couple of full-moon piggies on Mille Lacs on my own, now that James has shown me the way.
    (4) To keep putting smiles on the faces of the people that I am lucky enough to share a boat with.

markmoran
    Rochester MN

I want to quote Slop Bass, but i don’t know how do that crazy thing so
    Quote: If i could make 200 dollars a day fishing, I would quit my job!!

shoot if i could make fifty to 100 dollars a day i would quit my job, that is my goal for this year, to make money fishing!!!!!! oh yeah and have lots of fun

Chris
    Rochester, MN

That’s exactly what I think everytime I read Slop’s signature! (course I’d have to move back with Mom ) My goals are to catch my first big Musky 40+”, a 20+# Pike and to nightfish for flatheads as much as possible

Chris

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Herb, No problem if I do catch you. lol. It will be more fun fishing if I see you on the water. And maybe I’ll follow you. Thanks, Bill

shaneedwards
    MN USA

Well my goal is to finish building a ice house on wheels. That way I can take my grandpa ice fishing. Since he has taken me fishing since I was 5. Most important goal. Second goal fish fish fish.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

That’s a great goal Just Starten! It’s called paybacks!

I’m going into ’05 without any clear cut goals…with the exception of a couple broad ones.

Fish More
    Fish with more people on IDA

And lastly…be nice to the bassholes Hey! It’s not ’05 yet!

ryan-hale
    NW Ia

As always I want to catch a few trophy fish,but would rather watch my boys catch the big ones.
    I’m going to fish Devils Lake this year with Cole in Jan. so that will take care of one of my goals.I’ve never been on Devils and look forward to it.
    Spend as much time on the water(hard and soft) as I can.
    Hopefully meet a few members of IDA I have not met.
    And to have BrianK catch a 60# flathead.
    Ryan Hale

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Welcome to the site just starten. Glad to have you with us. Please feel free to post all you want. Thanks, Bill

JCK
    nora springs ia floyd

I hope to fish minn walleye league and make champion ship and also Ia GNWC. I hope to get to fish a couple IDA events also. And I hope to get involved with the kids day that is a great event for the kids.And I hope to have some good feild reports

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

My number 1 goal is to plan for the new arrival to the family. A boat. Or as the wife puts it anouther boat. This most likely wont happen until 2006 but the ground work needs to be started now. First off I need to figure out what boat to buy.

tom_gursky
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula(Iron Mountain)

Great thread Billy!
    #1. to better appreciate my fishing blessings…share them with those who are less fortunate.
    #2. spend more time on the Mighty Miss, especially some other areas like Pool #2, the Croix, and Lake Pepin.
    #3 Catch a Smallie over 22″
    #4 Get out Cattin with the Catfish guys

futPWTure77
    Zumbrota, MN

hey guys Here are my goals for 2005.

1. Walleye Searchers Angler of the Year (hey, you gotta dream)

2. Catch a walleye over 20 inches every time out.

3. Qualify for the GNWC State Championship again

4. Get skunked way less

5. Have fun

Thanks

Tony

ron_weltzin
    Rochester, MN

What I really would like to do is to expand and explore new areas instead of relying on the old haunts. It is so easy to go back where you have had your best success and not venture out looking for new hot spots. Also try new and different baits and lures, instead of pulling out the old favorite standbys. Of course, fish as often as possible with good friends and learn plus laugh. Would also like to give back to the resource that has given so much to me over the years. Still scratching my head trying to figure out what positive influence I can have.

Whiskerkev
    Madison

I want big fish. 50 inch musky, 50 pound flathead. Everything else is just bait. A nice big walleye to beat my wife’s 7#er (her first walleye no kidding). I doubt I will be able to do it though as I have twin boys due in March.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Congrats on the twins Whiskerkev !

Life sure hasn’t been the same since our twin boys arrive 18 month ago!

Your wife did that on purpose. Make it look so easy…then have twins so you can’t get out…she’s letting you stew on that for a while. Only thing worse is if she would rub it in around friends a couple times a month…

Women are so…so evil!

Whiskerkev
    Madison

Thanks Brian. We are both excited about it. Did you notice I managed to get this done outside of cat season?

dp
    Rochester,mn

I would like to learn more about walleye fishing and also to meet more IDA people.

I am also lookin forward to getting my son out on the water for the first time.

I am also interested in the ARM events I am no pro by any means but do own a boat and enjoy the idea of introducing kids to fishing.

sgt._rock
    Rochester, MN

Welcome Derek!! We are all just a bunch of fishing fanatics looking for a fix. Getting the kids involved is the right way to go.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

DP, YOU will fit right in!

Quote:

I would like to learn more about walleye fishing and also to meet more IDA people.

I am also lookin forward to getting my son out on the water for the first time.

I am also interested in the ARM events I am no pro by any means but do own a boat and enjoy the idea of introducing kids to fishing.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Quote:

managed to get this done outside of cat season?

Whiskerkev…planning is everything…

I forgot to post a picture of my two twin boys….they are very well behaved for 18 months…

Bowfinhunter
    Wallnutters are a silly lot

Hey Mealy (a.k.a. Brink)
    They look just like you… But a lot smarter.
    See Ya,

Bowfin

Chris
    Rochester, MN

Hmmm, my girlfriend puts a scarf on our yorkie everytime she washes or has his hair cut. Is that supposed to make them more cute or keep their necks warmer or somethin? I bet if they had any manual dexterity they’d take them off Nice looking kids Briank, really! You must have some great genes
    Chris

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

After dropping $100. at Petsmart for haircuts…the scarves are to make a person feel better. (don’t work for me)

Getting back to goals for ’05…I forgot, I have one more…

This will be the year I meet up with the infamous Bowfinhunter. Once this happens I’ll post wheather the rumors about him are true…

wallclimber
    Stoddard WI

Well annie gave me my early x-mas present, were heading up to lotw next sun the19 . were going back to our favorite place zippel bay. I have been on ther sight looking for ice reports found some good ones .Sounds like cold is moving back in ther next week. Well all for know will get back to with report when we get back.

cherilovell
    Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin

My goals will be to get out on the water more, master hauling/launching a boat by my self, affording the 3 vacations planned for the Mississippi River for 2005, getting bigger fish then this years, and to catch a couple different fish that I have not caught yet.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.