Saturday May 19th River Spring gtg Pool 4

• Jonesy

Where art thou Mr.iowaboy?

Mr.Holst has written extensively on that willow bite in past reports and would love to see what that’s all about Bucky

Are you talking about willow cats or some sort of structure?

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

I spoke with Brad the owner of the Harbor Bar and he would love to have a Get Together out of his harbor.

If you bring in your own cleaned fish, they’ll fry them up in thier beer batter and include your choice of fries, rice or potato and veggies. These plates run about $12.00-$13.00. They would appreciate the fish being cleaned.

I brought in some frozen smelt a few weeks ago and River Rat Randy and I loved them.

Assuming the weather will kick in to more summer like temps then, we could be outside or if weather is a problem, we have the inside option. Either way, we’ll have a very nice river view.

Attachments:
    1. Harbor-docks.jpg

john-tucker
    Northwest Illinois

Might well be doable for me. I retire May 1st, and fishing is high on the priority list. Have not been to a GTG since Summer of ’05!!!

Mike Martine
    Inactive
    la crosse wis

Looks like a lot of tuna boats and pleasure craft in that harbor , you sure they allow our kind in there? laugh

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

I think I could make this work….be good to meet some of you guys. Not sure about overnight but could make a day of it.

Do they let you sleep in the boat overnight?

AUTO_5
    Inactive
    Mendota Heights, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>nhamm wrote:</div>
    Where art thou Mr.iowaboy?

Mr.Holst has written extensively on that willow bite in past reports and would love to see what that’s all about Bucky

Are you talking about willow cats or some sort of structure?

I believe they’re referring to fishing flooded willow shrubs. Could be wrong, though.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Looks like a lot of tuna boats and pleasure craft in that harbor , you sure they allow our kind in there? laugh

That photo was taken during the ever popular Reggie Fest. Should be open for lots of “our kind of boats”.

Sure you can sleep in your boat. Put some stink bait on a hook and wrap the line around your toe before turning in…heh heh heh… devil

Walleyes LOVE the willows in high water. Only the folks “in the know” like fishing the willows in high water.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

It will be good to see you again Tuck! toast

Wait! Retire? Well I guess 2005 was 12 years ago. doah

redneckjr
    Rosemount, MN

Rough time of year for fishing but seeing as how it’s in my back yard I otta be able to make it.

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

Parkway motel is $60 for queen, $65 for double, can book online with card and no deposit for those wanting rooms it’s a nice affordable option.

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

Parkway motel is $60 for queen, $65 for double, can book online with card and no deposit for those wanting rooms it’s a nice affordable option.

Just made reservation for Friday and Saturday night. No cancellation charge up until Thursday the 17th…so what the heck, nothing to lose. I’m sure I’ll know by that Thursday if something changes.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

<blockquoteNo cancellation charge up until Thursday the 17th

I’m going to bet there are plenty of people that wished they would have that policy last weekend considering the snow and ice in Baudette.

Thanks for contacting them Nick!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Rough time of year for fishing

Chris, wouldn’t you say it will be better then June/July when we’ve had gtg’s in the past? (as long as we don’t have flood waters hanging on I mean).

Might still be able to boat down the back channel without stubbing a prop. laugh

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

Rough time middle may?, sounds like a good time to go pick apples then…..

404 ERROR
    MN

These the apples you’re thinking about?

Attachments:
    1. reds.jpg

river rat randy
    Hager City WI

may is awesome fishing on pool 4.!! One of my favorit walleye months. . rrr

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Perfect –
    When I win the “IDO DREAM TRIP GIVEAWAY” I’m going to see if Mr. Holst will guide me on the river that day.

and I don’t want none of you guys following us around neither. moon rotflol

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

According to the forecasts, the river will be dropping to a decent level by then.

I know there are some that don’t like high water.

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

Bringing this back to the top. It will be “fishing time” (finally for at least one of us)…all that are in say “eye” wink

Despite the “distractions” on this forum, trying to pay attention to relevant fishing reports. Sturgeon Excursion?…never heard boo about that? Curious?, but I’ll let that go.

Some reports coming in from the St Croix opener, not much reporting from the GTG at Shiner’s and today’s fishing slow.

I still enjoy and digest all that is being reported. Good reports from a couple weeks ago.

Nick, hoping your boat is good to go. If not, let me know in the next week. I’ll be heading up to Mille Lacs next weekend for “formalities” and pulling my boat out. If you’re not good to drop your boat in, I can bring mine down. Need to make sure, I have my reservations made at Parkway.

I’ll PM or text you.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

toast

With the crest predicted for wed/Thur of this coming week, the 19th should be perfect barring rain up nort.

Hopefully I’m not letting the “cat” out of the bag, but we don’t have to fish eyes…right??

Denny O
    Central IOWA

I’m a no go, Granddaughters 2nd birthday, we will be in Courtenay, on Vancouver Island BC.

Have a good time guys!

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

Hopefully I’m not letting the “cat” out of the bag, but we don’t have to fish eyes…right??

Hecks no.

Scales, no scales, its all good.

404 ERROR
    MN

Just realized this was Diercks weekend. I’ll be on the river, but in the tournament. Might have to meet up after weigh-in. We all know BK puts makeup on his cats, maybe he can dress one up to look like a pig Walleye for weigh-in…

It’s also my anniversary weekend…so shhh, don’t tell the FW I’m fishing…

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

My schedule is fairly flexible, what if we push it to weekend after? Work better, work worse?

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

My schedule is fairly flexible, what if we push it to weekend after? Work better, work worse?

That would be the Saturday of Memorial weekend.

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

doah

404 ERROR
    MN

Yup, Memorial day…I’ll be up on Sand (bowstring chain) for the weekend.

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

Somehow I lost track of these latest posts. Perhaps because I’ve been really busy at work…working. whistling

Nick, nope. Can’t change it up. Reservations have been made. And those that have been looking at the calendar already know that the following weekend is Memorial weekend and I’ll be back up at Mille Lacs.

Gotta pin it and stick with it. Just like the ice fishing GTG at Mille Lacs this past February. Don’t make it a moving target.

Those that can make it will be there. All you can do.

I am planning on May 18-19. Reservations have been made already at Parkway.

Viewing 30 posts - 31 through 60 (of 61 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.