Rippin rap.

• bullcans
    Northfield MN

Most places I have looked (online also) for the Ultra lite #4’s have them on backorder

Yep
    That’s what I’m finding as well

Greg R.
    New Berlin, WI

Do you guys bait them with a minnow head or any other bait? Or do you just send them down plain. Also do you stay a couple inches from the bottom and lift from there. Or do you jig them. Im picked up a couple and would like to try this weekend. Thanks in advance

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Do you guys bait them with a minnow head or any other bait? Or do you just send them down plain. Also do you stay a couple inches from the bottom and lift from there. Or do you jig them. Im picked up a couple and would like to try this weekend. Thanks in advance

I don’t tip them with anything. Adding a minnow head kills the action but you could add a couple larva to the rear hook if you really wanted to but I feel it is unnecessary.

I start out at least a foot or two above bottom. Give the fish room to come in under the bait. As soon as the fish starts to rise up off the bottom towards the lure start the game of cat and mouse chase by raising the Rippin Rap. At that point every interaction is unique. Let your electronics guide how you respond to the reaction from the fish.

rwilliam
    St.Paul, Mn

I agree with James on playing cat and mouse when using one.
    I bought one for a trip to Red Lake that I was on last week, and caught a couple Walleye and a bonus Crappie on it. It will now be one of the lures that I will be using in the future.
    I’m planning a Perch trip to Mille Lacs in the near future, and I’m curious to see how they will take it.
    By the way the Red Lake Crappie inhaled it.

renegadewalleye

I was amazed how blue gills where reacting to the rippin rap caught one and miss a couple while messing around fishing today.

joe_the_fisher
    Wisconsin Dells WI

Geez I’ve never tried these baits but I’m sure gonna get a few or ten..if I can find any..been having a heck of a time getting the crappies to bite lately so maybe this is the go to bait.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

I was amazed how blue gills where reacting to the rippin rap caught one and miss a couple while messing around fishing today.

I’ve been bugging contacts at Rapala for a #3 with a single treble. I think they’d be deadly on gills.

WarEagle

Rippin raps don’t catch fish, They are just for looks!

DWSDave31
    Southern WI

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>renegadewalleye wrote:</div>

I’ve been bugging contacts at Rapala for a #3 with a single treble. I think they’d be deadly on gills.

That would be a perfect panfish killer and I say go with two smaller trebles just for the sake of different angled hits
    D

Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.