Regulations for the opener?

• Mocha
    Park Rapids

Anyone hear if they are going to change the slot/limits for Upper Red for the opener or later in June or is the current slot of 17″ and two fish going to be in effect all year.

THanks!

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

3 more weeks

crossin_eyes
    Lakeville, MN

Mocha,

The current regs will be in place all year.

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

Hey Scott, I heard the same thing. Same as what’s in place now.

Mocha
    Park Rapids

THX for the reply guys. Kind of makes me wonder whats going on up on Red. Heard from the beginning that the slot changed because of the quota/amount of fish taken by non natives but also had heard that the total numbers of fish is actually down from possibly the tribes side of the equation. So what do we really believe? Sorry can’t trust the DNR or the tribes. Mille Lacs Lake????

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

That lake was fished out and closed for 10 years. I’m not aware of any major changes that would keep that from happening again. The fact that 80% resides in another country and is off-limits to American citizens says it all. Just enjoy it when its on.

crossin_eyes
    Lakeville, MN

Mike’s right, but we’ve fished it every year since it’s re-opened, and I think it’s only gotten better. Especially considering the increased fishing pressure it’s gotten. Last year was a banner year, and the weather was always favorable to get out and get on fish. This winter was the same. Low snow levels made it possible to navigate the lake and go where you needed to go to get on fish.
    I think it’s refreshing that there’s such a close eye on it now, and it’s being managed even when the conditions are very good.

crossin_eyes
    Lakeville, MN

Mike’s right, but we’ve fished it every year since it’s re-opened, and I think it’s only gotten better. Especially considering the increased fishing pressure it’s gotten. Last year was a banner year, and the weather was always favorable to get out and get on fish. This winter was the same. Low snow levels made it possible to navigate the lake and go where you needed to go to get on fish.
    I think it’s refreshing that there’s such a close eye on it now, and it’s being managed even when the conditions are very good.

crossin_eyes
    Lakeville, MN

Oops…just trying to increase my post count. )

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Wow. 1097. I remember when I had 1097 10 years or so back….

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.