Red Wing

• IceManBran

Wife and I are going to take a day trip down to Red Wing tomorrow – never been. Looking for any recommendations for things to see/do/eat/drink.

Mike Johnson

If you like hiking, Barn Bluff and Frontenac State park are tough to beat. I enjoy the chicken strip basket with a Dirty Banana at the Harbor Bar. You can drive up Memorial Bluff and enjoy some really scenic views of Red Wing and the Mississippi River valley from there as well. There is also the Worlds Largest Boot at the Red Wing Shoe Store.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

there is pottery place….alot of souvenir stores. to eat. i recommend Liberty’s.

there are 2 harbors you could check out.

wkw

Go to the Harbor Bar and ask for Brian Klawitter. He’s on a boat called the Ella J. If you’re lucky enough to meet him, you won’t regret it.

Dan
    Southeast MN

If you’re doing the day trip for the purpose of seeing the area, I’d definitely second the suggestion of driving to Memorial Park. Very good views of the area, my brother even proposes up there.

The town is mostly residential with all the businesses located downtown or along 61/Old West Main, so when you’re looking at a place to eat you can go with the flow, if you’re at one part of town you can get to another part pretty quick.

Dan
    Southeast MN

Also, depending on the direction you’re coming from, County highway 18 between Hastings and Prairie Island (closer to PI) has a Buffalo herd that you can see from the road. I live close by in rural Welch so sometimes I’ll just take a quick drive with the kids just to see the Buffalo.

eyeguy507
    SE MN

Didn’t you ask this question a while ago? I’m getting old but I still have a great memory.

Dan
    Southeast MN

I think it was someone else.

Jimmy Jones

Cross the bridge between Red Wing and Hagar City and take a right at the light and after a nice drive you can visit the Villa Winery.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

I’d loop the lake and check things out.

In no particular order and missing many things:

-National Eagle Center in Wabasha
    -Pie in Stockholm
    -Winery in Pepin
    -Barn Bluff in Red Wing
    -Frontenac State Park
    -Brewery in Reads Landing
    -Cheese Factory in Nelson
    -Buena Vista in Alma

glenn57
    cold spring mn

that eagle center in Wabasha is freakin AWESOME. we see eagles all the time at the cabin…….but until you see one that up close do you only realize how majestic them birds really are.

and dont they have a grumpy old men museum of sort there?????

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.